Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last 6 games - 5 clean sheets

larus

Apart from the bad day at Cardiff, 5 clean sheets in 6 games. However, the down side is; we've failed to score in 3 of those. Personally, I feel the defence is looking stronger now and that's great news for the run-in.

Also, if we win tonight and then win at home to Burnley on 2nd April, we would only have 3 points to catch up on them in the other games. Not impossible if they hit a bad patch.

Still lots to play for, but a win is important tonight to put us right back in there.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's a stat that reflects well on the defence and Stockdale.

However, 232 minutes since we scored. Sooner we can put that right the better this evening, fast start would be great.

PG

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Apart from the bad day at Cardiff, 5 clean sheets in 6 games. However, the down side is; we've failed to score in 3 of those. Personally, I feel the defence is looking stronger now and that's great news for the run-in.

Also, if we win tonight and then win at home to Burnley on 2nd April, we would only have 3 points to catch up on them in the other games. Not impossible if they hit a bad patch.

Still lots to play for, but a win is important tonight to put us right back in there.

And if we win the next game and the next game and the next game and the next game we could be promoted! :D

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
And if we win the next game and the next game and the next game and the next game we could be promoted! :D

Indeed.

It's not about if, but, when, maybe. It's about focussing on the job in hand and everyone pulling together. Including the fans. Now is the time to make a racket and really get behind the team. If a pass goes astray then resist the temptation to whinge. If a chant starts up, then join in. Be positive. Simples.

PG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We just need to consistently score 1 or 2 goals per game and we will be promoted. Simple...

larus

That's a fair sized if.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, we've been a well organised team for most of the season. We had a blip when we had 6-7 first team players out. Our "problems" in the early part of the season were not with scoring goals, but leaking too many. This area appears to be much improved, so I'm feeling positive going into the last 10 games.

Is anything guaranteed? No, of course not, and I'd not say it's a 'Fair Sized If'. Burnley aren't some sort of Barcelona juggernaut just because they have had a decent run (like we did). People were saying the same about Hull, Derby, Middlesbrough too, and they all hit bad patches too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here