Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson and Dunk

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It's not so long ago that we were getting sky high offers for Dunk - but we still didn't accept them. After his first season, how much us Goldson worth? Is he worth more than Dunk. I think that in the end he will be the better player....

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
It's not so long ago that we were getting sky high offers for Dunk - but we still didn't accept them. After his first season, how much us Goldson worth? Is he worth more than Dunk. I think that in the end he will be the better player....
He already is better....far fewer mistakes....Goldson and Uwe next season.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He already is better....far fewer mistakes....

This.

Dunk is undoubtedly a good centre back, but he is always one mistake away from giving away a goal or goal scoring opportunity. Unfortunately those mistakes come too often as he has a rush of blood to the head. The latest incident I can think of was the ridiculous back pass from the Sheffield Wednesday half, that blasted out of play for a corner and put the Albion under unnecessary pressure at a time when we looked like we could concede. It is those sort of poor decisions when he has limited time to decide that can make him a liability at times.

As said though, if he could somehow cut out the glaring errors Goldson and Dunk would make a very formidable pairing, and both have the potential to be future Brighton captains.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Assuming Bruno is not first choice, a back four next season of Rosenior, Goldson, Dunk/Uwe and Bong would be very very good. Dunk needs to be surrounded by players who can do his thinking for him (thinking is not his strong point). Uwe is more solid and reliable Uwe is more dependable and calm

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Goldson made his debut as the German got crocked when we were 2-0 down against Boro, 2mins after he trotted on, we were 3-0; he probably had nothing to do with the Stuani header. Roll on a game or two and he scores the winning goal for Wolves against his own club, I still blame Stockdale for not making the call. I can't recall him putting a foot wrong since. Holding on to this lad in the Summer is going to be very tough if we don't go up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Holding on to this lad in the Summer is going to be very tough if we don't go up.

If a Prem League club (unlikely) make a big offer then agreed. If a Champ club do. Then Bloom will pull the stops out to keep him (see: Stephens, Dunk this summer).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Prone to a mistake yes, but also prone to score as proved in the past, he is our only defender who is capable of nodding one in and usually an important goal as well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Loving Goldson obviously.

However Dunk is still our best Centre half in my opinion, our best footballer and has a terrific passing range.

Goldson and Dunk is the correct pairing this season and going forward.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Loving Goldson obviously.

However Dunk is still our best Centre half in my opinion, our best footballer and has a terrific passing range.

Goldson and Dunk is the correct pairing this season and going forward.
I agree.

Dunk shades it on long passing and carrying the ball when a team is sitting deep. Plus he's more of a danger from set pieces. But Goldson is pushing him really close (and is already more consistent).

A really great partnership.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dunk is the better player but prone to the odd error, which he must eliminate if he wants to be a PL player. Goldson is improving game by game. His passing and distribution need work but he is young, still on the upgrade and improving game by game before our eyes. I don't understand the Dunk haters but then they were probably the ones who thought Barnes was crap too....

BFG and Greer would get in most championship sides and IMO we have the strongest options in that area of anyone in this division.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I suspect he was scouting for stiletto heels running towards his parked car.

Seriously, if we don't get promotion, I expect big offers to come in for both Goldson and Dunk from PL clubs. Let's face it they are both better than most PL centre backs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here