Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jean Michel Jarre - Brighton Centre - 6/10/16

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't believe it ! The Electro God in my Home town. This is a BIG deal for me. Any other fans who intend to go ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Is the "Brighton Arena" what they call the Brighton Centre now? Shirley it would be much better at the AMEX?
:angel:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
on sale on the 18th March

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I can't believe it ! The Electro God in my Home town. This is a BIG deal for me. Any other fans who intend to go ?

Uncle for someone whose cultural taste (music/film) is barely on a par with that of a prepubescent girl (East 17s Stay Another Day a noteworthy exception) I have to say you've hit the spot with this one. Will be an amazing wall of sound in a venue that small. More power to Haven Home Loans! Cheers for the heads-up.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Saw him at the old Wembley Stadium years ago.

Given that he was renowned for huge laser projections and spectacular fireworks (a la Houston, Paris and London Docklands), I thought that Wembley was just too small for one of his shows. It makes me wonder how it will work in the Brighton 'Arena' - maybe a few indoor fireworks like my Mum used to get for November 5th or could it be more like Coldplay's interactive wristband effort from a couple of years back?

Either way, although I like his music, I'm not convinced, so may well give it a miss.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Given that he was renowned for huge laser projections and spectacular fireworks (a la Houston, Paris and London Docklands), I thought that Wembley was just too small for one of his shows. It makes me wonder how it will work in the Brighton 'Arena' - maybe a few indoor fireworks like my Mum used to get for November 5th or could it be more like Coldplay's interactive wristband effort from a couple of years back?

Either way, although I like his music, I'm not convinced, so may well give it a miss.

You may be right. On the flip side, I was at the Docklands gig back in the day and most of it was just lost on the wind. Indoors with lights/lasers could be quite something...I just hope that with that many people rammed inside a small venue we don't run out of oxygene.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle for someone whose cultural taste (music/film) is barely on a par with that of a prepubescent girl (East 17s Stay Another Day a noteworthy exception) I have to say you've hit the spot with this one. Will be an amazing wall of sound in a venue that small. More power to Haven Home Loans! Cheers for the heads-up.

Very kind mate

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

It is not about the Pyrotechnics for me but the music. Always has been

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here