Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is why I LOVE football

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bloody LOVE this video (apart from 2.05)
The music...the action. If you don't smile when you watch this, then you don't like football, and a part of your soul is dead inside.

[yt]WCm3bS6wXvk[/yt]

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I do like it but I find videos of seething terraces a bit depressing. I only caught the end of them and to think young fans today won't experience them is sad.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I admit I'm a bit pissed. But I just think that video is pure joy.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Osgood was good....excellent stuff and the music too perfect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like the odd wallow in nostalgia, but it can turn from joy to something else too easily . . . . .

I have had countless sweat soaked nights over the last 20 years, reliving in my dreams the first division and cup final days, howling 'nooooo' as it all crumbles to dust and relegation hits, and parts of the Goldstone are closed, and more relegation, and the York City pitch invasion, and the dog days at Gillingham. Then I wake up, feeling ill, and sad. Always, the last scene is Brighton, in the sunshine, back in 82, end of the season, still hopeful, in the top flight, with me screaming 'does nobody see what's going to happen?! It will be nearly 30 years before we are even close to being where we are now?!!!" :shootself

No, I hate nostalgia. Give me today and tomorrow. Tomorrow belongs to me*. In my comfy seat in the Amex.

*And no, my best girl isn't Lili Marlene :lolol:

Apart from that - cracking track, indeed :cheers:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think this was out early 90's 'ish, good track. I liked the Lightening Seeds, Three Lions is still my favorite football anthem, but i have never seen this video until now - top drawer!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Call me an old romantic but I'd love a TV series where they go through all of the British greats of the generations before any of those in that montage: Blanchflower, Dixie Dean, Milburn, Mortensen, Wright, Finney, Lofthouse, Greaves, Mackay, Matthews, Hapgood...even Sir Bobby Charlton who we all know but perhaps don't know of his significance.

When I was up at PNE last week, I loved how Tom Finney is remembered up there and rightly so and how great would it be for kids now to learn about John Charles why Juve still talk about him in such reverential terms?

We shouldn't ever forget these names. They're a huge part of our football heritage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
this is why i love NSC-brilliant!! :drink: :wave:

I cuffing love that song, its like Red Bull for the soul. And putting it to an 80's football creamer video...wow. I've had the headphones in and watched it about 10 times tonight.

I'm a simple chap.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I cuffing love that song, its like Red Bull for the soul. And putting it to an 80's football creamer video...wow. I've had the headphones in and watched it about 10 times tonight.

I'm a simple chap.

It works,too many times a youtube video is accompanied by hate full music..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It works,too many times a youtube video is accompanied by hate full music..

If we're talking iconic football themes, the Match of the Day tune is obviously tremendous. But Life of Riley is footballing perfection. Its so upbeat its ridiculous. Its impossible not to smile or nod your head when that comes on.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
If we're talking iconic football themes, the Match of the Day tune is obviously tremendous. But Life of Riley is footballing perfection. Its so upbeat its ridiculous. Its impossible not to smile or nod your head when that comes on.

As with most Lightening Seeds songs to be fair. Cracking band.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Gotta love 'The Seeds' and that track brings to mind a favourite old school/skool gag: '"I'm living the life of Riley...Mavis Riley" (Sounds better delivered in deadpan Les Dawson voice)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could have done without seeing Wilkins curler on 2.05 again.

Seriously great vid and a reminder football wasn't invented by Rupert Murdoch in 1992

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you don't smile when you watch this, then you don't like football, and a part of your soul is dead inside.
Is that because, at it's most current it's all action from 20 years ago, and bears no relevance to the 'product' that is currently being slopped out into the troughs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A mention above for the " mighty" Leeds when they actually were mighty.

Does any of our older members remember the Leeds vs Southampton game where Leeds won 7-0 and was one of the most perfect game ever played by a football team and a total demolition of what was a pretty decent team at the time.

There is a section of the game, I think it is on YouTube, where Giles, bremner, lori met etc al absolutely took the piss out of saints and were sublimely flicking the ball to eachother and the Southampton players couldn't get anywhere near the ball.

Probably the best 90 minutes of football I ever have ever attended ( my dad took me )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here