Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro meltdown

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
Arghhh

I've got to come off the Boro message boards for a bit of relief. You lot will probably like the latest news. We're falling apart. I can't take the pressure. A lot of you know I want us and Brighton to go up. Imagine if Hooton was rumoured to be leaving at such a critical time. It's probably only the jawdee press trying to put the boot in.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karankas-boro-future-remains-11029722#ICID=sharebar_twitter

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/index.php

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can Hull and Burnley meltdown as well please ?

Even Boro in disarray should have too much for Charlton tomorrow, though.

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
I can't believe it's that bad, you have a game in hand and clearly the best squad in the Division.

He's Jose Mourinho's apprentice. He won't play Jordan Rhodes or Stewart Downing. We had 20 million pounds of players on the bench for our last defeat. Steve Gibson the chairman is giving him all the tools but he doesn't want to use them

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's Jose Mourinho's apprentice. He won't play Jordan Rhodes or Stewart Downing. We had 20 million pounds of players on the bench for our last defeat. Steve Gibson the chairman is giving him all the tools but he doesn't want to use them

Is it right that signing Rhodes wasn't Karanka's decision though (as rumoured)?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Wow, looks serious. Seems like a few of the 'senior' players are questioning the manager. I would think that the Rhodes signing has sparked it and whether they continue to play the 1 up front system that AK favours or 2. Not a good time for the cracks to be showing. We need to keep our focus and make the most of it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Unfortunately, it is better for us if he stays.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Middlesbrough Football Club can confirm that Aitor Karanka did not take training on Saturday morning.
Assistant Head Coach Steve Agnew will take charge of the team for Sunday’s fixture at Charlton Athletic.
We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday’s game at The Valley.

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
Apologies to North Stand Nutter. I ddn't realise there was already a thread about this.

I'm so pissed off.

T T Teessiders
Sea Sea Sea Siders

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Hopefully there are two factions in the dressing room: one loyal to Karanka the other ready to throw him under a bus.

Implosion.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just spoken to a boro fan friend, his take:

"It's all gone mental. To be honest, AK is losing his marbles (probably the pressure). He had a bust up with Adomah about 6 months ago which nearly saw the winger leave, every time we lose he blames the work ethic of the team (which is harsh and just not true - it's just the unpredictability of the championship), he told the press that it's basically Ayala's fault he is injured (err, again harsh, our best defender there), he rarely seems to start Rhodes and he even criticised the fans recently; when AK tried 4-4-2 for the first time and we lost he said 'i think at least the fans will now be happy'!!! He's done great and I'm still a massive fan despite some iffy form (still in second which is great), but apparently latest bust up was with several first teamers (inc Downing) he stormed out saying he no longer wanted to manage us and isn't going to manage tomorrow's game! I think he'll be sacked now. Either that or first teamers in the reserves. If he stays, i'm definitely worried the wheels will fall off now!"

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just spoken to a boro fan friend, his take:

"It's all gone mental. To be honest, AK is losing his marbles (probably the pressure). He had a bust up with Adomah about 6 months ago which nearly saw the winger leave, every time we lose he blames the work ethic of the team (which is harsh and just not true - it's just the unpredictability of the championship), he told the press that it's basically Ayala's fault he is injured (err, again harsh, our best defender there), he rarely seems to start Rhodes and he even criticised the fans recently; when AK tried 4-4-2 for the first time and we lost he said 'i think at least the fans will now be happy'!!! He's done great and I'm still a massive fan despite some iffy form (still in second which is great), but apparently latest bust up was with several first teamers (inc Downing) he stormed out saying he no longer wanted to manage us and isn't going to manage tomorrow's game! I think he'll be sacked now. Either that or first teamers in the reserves. If he stays, i'm definitely worried the wheels will fall off now!"

All sounds good.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No offence i would love to see Boro and Derby implode

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports