Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karanka

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Tee hee hee oh dear, what a tragic implosion.

If the reports are true, this could well and truly derail the media favourites...

I doubt it'll change the top two tbh... Still us and Burnley to go up.

I like positive stuff.

Kosh

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Boro have paid the money for promotion to the Premier League; their recent bad form could disappear if they get a new manager as they have so many good players.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I hope so. It'll be nice if both them and Derby both bottle it.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We really don't want them to get New Manager Syndrome at this juncture.

There is no way that a new manager going to Boro at this time of the season would be detrimental to us.There is obviously no smoke without fire but I wonder if this turn of events has anything to do with the signing of Jordan Rhodes.
12m is a lot of money in the championship & I wonder if the manager is being told to make room for a striker that cost a lot of money rather than a striker he wants to select.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is no way that a new manager going to Boro at this time of the season would be detrimental to us.There is obviously no smoke without fire but I wonder if this turn of events has anything to do with the signing of Jordan Rhodes.
12m is a lot of money in the championship & I wonder if the manager is being told to make room for a striker that cost a lot of money rather than a striker he wants to select.

I know absolutely nothing about the goings on up at Boro - However your suggestion may not be far from the truth. They were looking good for Promotion. Perhaps someone said we just need a top class finisher to push us over the line. A bit like lots of people on here are saying about Brighton in many ways.

The club then decide that missing piece is Jordan Rhodes. The Manager disagrees but he is signed anyhow. That wouldn't be the first time a player has been forced on a manager. I know Managers that it has happened to but they kept it all behind closed doors and locked away from the Press. Karanka seems not to be able to do that.

I don't like Managers who slate their players in the Press and I don't like players who sulk because they don't get their way by not putting the effort in on the pitch. So who knows if this is indeed the scenario being played out up there then hopefully the togetherness down at Brighton is something we can use to our advantage in the 'run in' to the end of the season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Did Rhodes ever seem like Karanka's choice, or did the deal always seem more of a vanity project from the board ? ???

If they implode before Easter they may well fall out of the running for automatic promotion, particularly if they lose to Hull.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boro have taken 18 pts from 39, its OK but not good enough to get them over the line. I still think the real team is we need to worry about is Hull

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Murdoch sponsored speculation surely? Good for us if they do continue to implode though. They have only taken 12 points from the last ten games so they must be feeling the pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here