Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] iPod upgrade

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Have recently upgraded and downsized our music empire from Denon to a Ruark R2 Mk3.
On top of that have upgraded from iPod classic to the new iPod touch, so that we can stream music through new unit by Bluetooth, getting rid of all traces of wires.
It's brilliant :)

Who else has evolved from classic to touch? (not talking about condoms here :drool:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have recently upgraded and downsized our music empire from Denon to a Ruark R2 Mk3.
On top of that have upgraded from iPod classic to the new iPod touch, so that we can stream music through new unit by Bluetooth, getting rid of all traces of wires.

Who else has evolved from classic to touch? (not talking about condoms here :drool:)

Absolutely not. I need the 160-odd gig. Ive got over 13 thousand tracks, and some of these (e.g. Ferry Corsten) are over 2 hours long. I'd do it if they increased the capacity, as I like new tec :)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just bought an ipod Classic 160gb on ebay for £140 after mine was nicked from my car, The classic has been discontinued by Apple a new 160gb will cost over £400.
I think Apple have missed a trick by scrapping a ipod as big as 160gb....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Give up my 160gb classic that plays music and does nothing but, and a battery life of almost a week and in exchange get yet another smartphone thing? No thanks.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just bought an ipod Classic 160gb on ebay for £140 after mine was nicked from my car, The classic has been discontinued by Apple a new 160gb will cost over £400.

My new iPod touch is 128GB, I know that's a lot less, but I will still use the classic as another back up for my music, and to swap my music from one to another.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

Touch available up to 128gb. I'd expect the amount of people that would be put off for the sake of 32gb less, would be fairly minimal

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolutely not. I need the 160-odd gig. Ive got over 13 thousand tracks, and some of these (e.g. Ferry Corsten) are over 2 hours long. I'd do it if they increased the capacity, as I like new tec :)

This with bells
on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another Ipod Classic 160gb fan here. Fantastic not to have to pick and choose what to download as it has a big enough memory to download anything that takes
my fancy. Being able to have my complete music collection available anywhere is a big plus. As Buzzer says, it does one thing only and does it brilliantly. I binned my iPod touch the moment I bought the iPod classic

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
IPod, are they really of any use these days, unless like me you are an Android user for phone and tablet?

I am planning on converting to Apple for said phone and tablet just to lose the need for yet another device, namely the afore mentioned iPod. Anyone tell me why I might be mistaken?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My iPod Video 80GB is nearly 10 years old now and still going strong. Amazing given it is used in my car every day. Full up with podcasts, audio books and rips of comedy DVDs. Absolutely no desire to "upgrade" to a touch.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
160gb ipod classic here. Use it in the car, on holiday etc.
If it dies, I will be looking at a raspberry pi based solution for the car

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another Ipod Classic 160gb fan here. Fantastic not to have to pick and choose what to download as it has a big enough memory to download anything that takes
my fancy. Being able to have my complete music collection available anywhere is a big plus. As Buzzer says, it does one thing only and does it brilliantly. I binned my iPod touch the moment I bought the iPod classic

Another classic fan here; totally agree that it does one thing and does it brilliantly. I prefer to keep my music totally separate from my phone as well. I'm gonna stick with a classic as long as it's possible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Downsizing your music empire....I am busy year-on-year increasing mine. And call me strange but music and wires go hand-in-hand.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Downsizing your music empire....I am busy year-on-year increasing mine. And call me strange but music and wires go hand-in-hand.

With music empire, I am talking about my stereo, it's a case of utilising space in our house, as small as it is!
Music wise, adding all the time :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I use my iPod 160 for the car and gym. I have created loads of playlists, including genius ones and I have podcasts etc. I also have Apple Music which I use on my phone as their playlists are getting better for modern music and more way out there music.

Shame you can't copy Apple Music downloads to your iPod, but I fully understand why.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't understand the need for massive storage ....stream it?

I am probably not as steam savvy as others so maybe I'm wrong but, and this is a big but, not all music I want to listen to is streamed.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
2Tb synology NAS DS Audio and multiple bluetooth speakers/av amps along with various Chromecast video and audio streamers.

Whatever happened to Airplay wasn't that the future ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here