Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I change my season ticket in to another name for next season ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My mate wants it but I don't think you can do it that way. Will just change to his direct debit bank account.

I'd be interested to know if that works. Technically, I don't think it should, because the tickets are registered in your name, and you'd think that they might notice if the name on the bank account changed. I wonder if they would. I'd have thought the club would be amenable to the two of you doing it formally, but maybe not. As I say, I'd be interested to know. Good luck.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here is the reply, with some editing for personal privacy, I received recently when I tried to do just this:

I can confirm that the information you have been given by my colleague over the phone is indeed correct.

Current season ticket holders are given a reduced rate for renewing than new season ticket holders as a thank you for their loyalty. Therefore as xxxxx is not registered as a current season ticket holder she will not be entitled to the cheaper renewal rate I’m afraid.

Furthermore in order to ensure the seat is occupied by xxxxx you will need to cancel the seat in the previous name by 16th march and complete a seat takeover request form also by this date. I have attached for your ease but all information can be found online at www.seagullstickets.com/subscriptions

I can understand your frustration but I hope you can appreciate we must remain consistent with all supporters and this procedure comes as a result of giving our current season ticket holders a perk for their loyalty and previous support.

Furthermore; season tickets do not go on general sale until 30th March; therefore in order for us to process the seat takeover in a priority window xxxx must join the priority membership scheme for £20. This can be done online or by calling the Albion Booking Line.

To help to simplify this I have listed the stages you need to complete by 16th March below:

1. Sign up to the Bronze membership scheme
2. Cancel the current seat by completing the online form; here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/cancel1617
3. Complete the seat takeover request form and season ticket application form attached

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I changed mine after the first season no problem. Was in my OH name

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mate wants it but I don't think you can do it that way. Will just change to his direct debit bank account.

I dont know but would think the only way would be by change of name for the holder ie marriage divorce adoption etc. Bens mate changed his jib and couldnt go but they wouldnt let him change saying the monthly payment scheme was a legal credit sale to 1 person not transferable.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We changed one after the first season, it was in my brothers name but the DD was coming out of my account. The ticket is now in my Dads name and the DD from his account.

I can't see a problem if you change the DD to your mates account, however if he was to stop paying it for any reason you'd be responsible for the payments as the ticket still technically belongs to you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They won't let me 'just change' the name on my second ticket even though I do and always have paid the DD it and my ticket. The argument is that the 'name' on the ticket has been the 'benficiary' of discounts and it would not be 'fair' on other season ticket holders to pass on this bounty to an undeserving newcomer. Given that the undeserving newcomer has been going to games with me for the last 3 years, and is no more undeserving than her predecessor since I PAY FOR THE TICKET, seems to be beyond the ken of the club.

I suspect the best way is to leave things as they are with the club and make private arrangements, DDing between parties without troubling the club. I suspect such behaviour is rife. How long, I wonder, before the club clamp down and start checking independent ID at the turnstile? In fact, if the club don't do this how can they possibly police all the bans and exclusions that have been handed out?

Mmmmmm. I'm getting cross now. :glare:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I'd be interested to know if that works. Technically, I don't think it should, because the tickets are registered in your name, and you'd think that they might notice if the name on the bank account changed. I wonder if they would. I'd have thought the club would be amenable to the two of you doing it formally, but maybe not. As I say, I'd be interested to know. Good luck.

Former bank employee here and the direct debits (DD's) do not take account name into, er, account.

People are always concerned about giving out their bank details, but there is not much you can do with someone elses sortcode and account number, other than pay them (no risk) or set up a DD (low risk).

In the case of the latter as I said the account name doesnt matter - there is no data matching done, but if queried the DD guarantee scheme would refund you if you complained it was an unauthorised DD.

Therefore in this case you could just change the DD to your mate so he was paying for it, but if he complained to his bank in a years time, they would refund him and you would be stung with a big bill from the club.

Therefore - not worth the risk.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Anyone remember the days when you just handed over a few quid at the turnstile if you fancied going to football? It's not even that exciting these days but three times the hassle to go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone remember the days when you just handed over a few quid at the turnstile if you fancied going to football? It's not even that exciting these days but three times the hassle to go.

I remember handing over two and six at the turnstiles. And yes, it was exciting. Especially the thrill of weighing up whether to run the gauntlet of the smell of ammonia and the furtive glances of blokes trying to cop a look at my cock, in the lav at half time, or risk having to find somewhere to strain the potatoes on the walk home . . . .

Seriously, yes it is a hassle. Sometimes I like to think hassle is good because it keeps out the riff raff, but then when I find myself inconvenienced I get all hoity toity about it :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It seems to me that in the last couple of years or so, the club has become far more stringent in applying the terms and conditions.

As an example, back in 2011/2012, our first season at the Amex, after the first few games, l endured quite a bit of personal abuse from some morons sitting near me in the Lower West stand, every other word they used began with an f, or a c, and I became fed up with it.

After a quick phone call to the ticket office, they agreed to move my seat at no charge, from W1C to W1G, (same price bracket), and issued me with a new season ticket card.

I can't imagine the club doing that now, outside the short time window to move seats in March.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It seems to me that in the last couple of years or so, the club has become far more stringent in applying the terms and conditions.

As an example, back in 2011/2012, our first season at the Amex, after the first few games, l endured quite a bit of personal abuse from some morons sitting near me in the Lower West stand, every other word they used began with an f, or a c, and I became fed up with

After a quick phone call to the ticket office, they agreed to move my seat at no charge, from W1C to W1G, (same price bracket), and issued me with a new season ticket card.

I can't imagine the club doing that now, outside the short time window to move seats in March.

Do people complain about people swearing at a football match?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do people complain about people swearing at a football match?

Depends on the person, and depends on the word I guess. Personally I find continued use of the c word totally unnecessary and abhorrent, even more so if women and/or children are within earshot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Depends on the person, and depends on the word I guess. Personally I find continued use of the c word totally unnecessary and abhorrent, even more so if women and/or children are within earshot.
Years ago I was swearing at the tv in the pub as Sven's England capitulated and the useless tit did nothing.

A bloke said to me "don't call him the C word, there are women here" So I tapped my then girlfriend (who was very posh) on the shoulder and asked "what's your favourite swear word?"......

If there's one place you should be able to swear without recrimination, it's at the football.

You did the right thing by moving to a less sweary area but for me the swearers were within their rights to swear.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The direct debit doesn't have to match the name on the ticket (otherwise parents wouldn't be able to pay for their kids' tickets like that). You can submit a new direct debit form with your friend's bank details so they pay the club direct, and they can have the season ticket in your name. Unless the club start clamping down on people using other fans' tickets even when in the same price band.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here