Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Riyad Mahrez - Le Harve

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35688719

Reading through this article it took my mind back to Brighton's relationship with Le Harve. Leicester purchased Mahrez for 400k at the beginning of 2014. Wondered whether we still have a close link to the French club, who we played regular pre-season friendlies against.

If we don't already, we should keep a closer eye on the likes of Le Harve. A team that nurtured not just Mahrez but Paul Pogba and Dmitri Payet too.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35688719

Reading through this article it took my mind back to Brighton's relationship with Le Harve. Leicester purchased Mahrez for 400k at the beginning of 2014. Wondered whether we still have a close link to the French club, who we played regular pre-season friendlies against.

If we don't already, we should keep a closer eye on the likes of Le Harve. A team that nurtured not just Mahrez but Paul Pogba and Dmitri Payet too.

Apologies for the pedantry, but as you appear to live in France, and as it is a place name, then i'll politely point out that your spelling is incorrect- it's Le Havre.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
can anyone remember why that link broke down? was it simply because we were shit at the time and it wasn't worth le harve's time?

I thought this the second that I read an article the other day.

I loved that seemingly random relationship we had. You would think that now more than ever it would be beneficial

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Martot, Bertin - never really panned out for us did it that relationship?

Apart from a few nice friendlies I suppose.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I do still occasionally look at their results through LiveScore and it is interesting to see they they are likewise pushing for promotion this year

Oct 25, 2003
Martot, Bertin - never really panned out for us did it that relationship?

Apart from a few nice friendlies I suppose.

we did seem to get a bit of a reputation in france at the time though as it was a very french era (in an era of not many foreign players at the club). So remember that we have this link to thank for the signing of Florent Chaigneau

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was a European grant to both clubs to help youth development, so, through John Byrne, we linked up with Le Havre. It was for two years.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Apologies for the pedantry, but as you appear to live in France, and as it is a place name, then i'll politely point out that your spelling is incorrect- it's Le Havre.

Please accept my apologies. I had a late night last night.

Mods, feel free to edit my schoolboy error.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I see the " not much better to do with my time other than correct people's spelling and grammar Nazis
are out already FFS !! :ffsparr:
Seriously though, why do you even bother ?
Very very sad indeed.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I see the " not much better to do with my time other than correct people's spelling and grammar Nazis
are out already FFS !! :ffsparr:
Seriously though, why do you even bother ?
Very very sad indeed.

if i was anything other than a name, i wouldn't of to be honest. grammer errors dont bother me.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I was going to post a similar thread the other day to ask if we had came up against any of the now big name players who came through their ranks in any of the friendlies, I couldn't find anything online.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here