Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's the FLAIREST of them all? FLAIRBOWL 1: Vicente vs Worthington

FLAIRBOWL- Vicente vs Worthington

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
so here we are- 40 flairniacs entered the competition with the aim of becoming your very first FLAIREST of them all. Only two remain and boy are these two jam packed full of flair to the point of having flair oozing out of them out of every available orifice.

So we head over to the national stadium of flair- St James' Park in Newcastle for the very first FLAIRBOWL

The two flairniacs enter the field to be greeted by an all star collection of flair heroes from the ages- Magico Gonzalez, Jose Luiz Chilavert, Djalminha, Philippe Albert, Hidetoshi Nakata, Paul Gascoigne and Ronaldinho. Leading proceedings and making sure there's PLENTY of funny business is Pierluigi Collina. Over to our commentators today- Ron Atkinson and Danny Dyer

Vicente
D.O.B: 16.7.81
Nationality:Spanish (38 caps, 3 goals)
Albion Career: 32 apps, 5 goals. 2011-13
Position:Midfielder
vicente_1468877a.jpg
FLAIRtributes: immensely skillful, mythical status, transfer saga, he's Vicente
Progress thus far: 1st in Group 3 (107 votes- 73.29%)
Second Round: Defeated Rod Thomas & Jonny Dixon 43-1-1
Quarter Final: Defeated Paddy McCourt 144-17
Semi Final: Defeated Sergei Gotsmanov 66-13

vs

Frank Worthington
frankworthington.jpg
D.O.B: 23.11.48
Nationality: English (8 caps 2 goals)
Albion Career: 31 apps, 7 goals. 1984-85
Position: Striker

FLAIRtributes: Fantastic natural ability; brilliant off field antics; flamboyant nature
Progress thus far: 2nd in Group 1 (49 votes- 31.61%)
Second Round: Defeated David Lopez 74-42
Quarter Final: Defeated Kazenga Lualua 51-27
Semi Final: Defeated Bruno 57-39

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Quite the contest, but from the start I had McCourt, Vicente and Savage as my key 3.

The fact Vicente DESTROYED my man Paddy earlier on shows what a contender he is.

Mythical status, would warm up with about a THOUSAND layers on, Looked as though he was MOCKING the opposition before just suddenly turning it on because he fancied it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought my vote for Vicente was assured when this started but, having thought about, Worthington was quite possibly the flairest English footballer of all time. Vicente was a fantastically skillful player - probably Brighton's best ever - but flair is more than skill. It's the attitude, the lifestyle, the arrogance, the appearance that should win out. Vicente, for all his ability, was rather boring in this respect.

So Frank for me. He wins it for that goal alone - being applauded by a ref is possibly the flairest thing I've ever seen during a game. I know it wasn't for the Albion but that earns so many flair points there's no other contender

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting this one. Vicente will probably win it simply because he is fresh in people's mind and I guess more people on this board would have seen him play than Worthington. However, I have voted for Worthington as having seen him play he was, in my opinion, at least the equal of Vicente but gets the edge because he was a flamboyant eccentric off the pitch as well. So, if off pitch antics and eccentricity count, then for me Worthington is the flairtastic of the two.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone who saw Frankie play in the stripes will vote for him... sadly that means he is unlikely to win :(

Not true.

My big issue with both flairniacs is that neither is synonymous with their efforts for this club. I suppose you have to say that at least Vicente has only had one English club.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Vicente will probably win it simply because he is fresh in people's mind and I guess more people on this board would have seen him play than Worthington.

Yes, but I think it's a poor argument. Cicero, writing 2000 years ago, recognised that as bollocks. "Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum" (There was football before Sky and pretending that there wasn't will make you look foolish) :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought my vote for Vicente was assured when this started but, having thought about, Worthington was quite possibly the flairest English footballer of all time. Vicente was a fantastically skillful player - probably Brighton's best ever - but flair is more than skill. It's the attitude, the lifestyle, the arrogance, the appearance that should win out. Vicente, for all his ability, was rather boring in this respect.

So Frank for me. He wins it for that goal alone - being applauded by a ref is possibly the flairest thing I've ever seen during a game. I know it wasn't for the Albion but that earns so many flair points there's no other contender

Vicente was so arrogant he wouldn't turn up at the Spanish tapas bar to meet his colleagues. When asked where he was, they just politely laughed.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dont care who wins ,very happy to have seen them both play for us but voted Frank as i was awestruck the 1st time i saw him in a Brighton shirt .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is not a complaint at all (in fact it's a reinforcement of the real definition of flair) but there is in my mind an alternative flairbowl going on right now by a pool in Marbella between Jonny Dixon, Paddy McCourt and Leon Knight. Jonny is DJing and impressing Holly Valance with details of his new media project - a short he's written, produced and directed. Paddy is halfway through a bottle of Windolene breaking the ping-pong ball keepy-uppy world record. Leon is slumped in a sun lounger tweeting incomprehensibly about how all women deserve everything they get.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My big issue with both flairniacs is that neither is synonymous with their efforts for this club.
I share this disappointment. As WCP will happily tell us we have been relatively starved of top quality football in Sussex over the years.

Frank Worthington is footballer flair personified, and on that basis I vote for him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is not a complaint at all (in fact it's a reinforcement of the real definition of flair) but there is in my mind an alternative flairbowl going on right now by a pool in Marbella between Jonny Dixon, Paddy McCourt and Leon Knight. Jonny is DJing and impressing Holly Valance with details of his new media project - a short he's written, produced and directed. Paddy is halfway through a bottle of Windolene breaking the ping-pong ball keepy-uppy world record. Leon is slumped in a sun lounger tweeting incomprehensibly about how all women deserve everything they get.

Magnificent stuff. :lol:

Oct 25, 2003

turienzo trying to do kick ups but only managing like 1 or 2

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Vicente was so arrogant he wouldn't turn up at the Spanish tapas bar to meet his colleagues. When asked where he was, they just politely laughed.

'Described by former manager Ian Greaves as "the working man's George Best", Frank Worthington made no secret of his taste for birds, booze and the beautiful game'

Who would you rather go out for a beer with? On the basis they may have been equals on the pitch then that is my guiding principle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here