Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Let Us Loop You In

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
21st March is when Apple will next go LARGE with announcements-a-plenty and I, for one, can not wait.

The "iPhone SE" is expected to be unveiled to the world and there is likely to be a new iPad also.

Incredibly, just when you think there is nowhere else for them to go, there might also be new straps for Apple Watch. Amazing.

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 22.51.53.png

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Own up. Who has an Apple watch? The most pointless/brilliant piece of kit ever invented to help part the hard of thinking with their cash. #snakeoil

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Own up. Who has an Apple watch? The most pointless/brilliant piece of kit ever invented to help part the hard of thinking with their cash. #snakeoil

Amazingly, no I don't. It never appealed.

My Garmin Forerunner 235 does smart watch type functions so I get notifications and stuff on that. I don't like square watches.

New straps could change all of this of course.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not a fan of the mid-season sales pitch.

Will wait 'till September.

& The Apple Watch is total shite.
They should concentrate their efforts on revolutionising the Mac's, Phone's and Pad's.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
21st March is when Apple will next go LARGE with announcements-a-plenty and I, for one, can not wait.

The "iPhone SE" is expected to be unveiled to the world and there is likely to be a new iPad also.

Incredibly, just when you think there is nowhere else for them to go, there might also be new straps for Apple Watch. Amazing.

View attachment 72957

Have they finally figured out how to make an uncrackable screen ? or do HTC/Sony/Samsung/Nokia/LG/still have the patent on that ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Amazingly, no I don't. It never appealed.

My Garmin Forerunner 235 does smart watch type functions so I get notifications and stuff on that. I don't like square watches.

New straps could change all of this of course.
It wasn't an accusation, but I must admit I'm surprised. [emoji6]

At the post office the other day the guy who runs it was pissing himself as he told me about people using Apple watches to pay on his contactless thing. Spending ages twisting themselves upside down to get the watch to connect when THEY HAVE TO HAVE A PHONE IN THEIR POCKET FOR IT TO WORK which they could just whip out and use "Apple Pay" with anyway. And it would actually be much quicker to just pull out a card and touch it against the screen. Maybe Apple should bring out a card that's connected to your phone and your watch or maybe just your bank account? Put Apple on the card and people will pay £500 for it.

I admit that I'm against the cult of Apple (logically anyone would be but I understand people liking shiny things) but even the biggest fanboi must have trouble defending the watch. It's POINTLESS.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I pre ordered the rather expensive stainless steel strapped one and couldn't wait for it to arrive, when it did I loved it about for a day, and then the novelty soon wore off, I found myself myself missing texts and notifications as I hadn't felt the tap and that it just didn't do anything that my phone -which had to be near it anyhow couldn't do better.
I liked the fact you could load music on it and go for a run without having to take the phone but I never even got that far, I'd sent it back within a few days and have never missed it.
To make me even happier I sent it back, a couple of weeks later whilst sat outside a busy cafe, I watched an overweight 40 something in t shirt and tracksuit bottoms wearing the same model I'd chosen try and answer a call and speak into the watch, after 3 attempts he gave up, took the phone out of his pocket and answered it properly.
I used the money toward a proper watch which I love and my iPhone 6 is the best phone I've owned.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

View attachment 72957

That name is going to confuse a lot of their Customers, they won't be able to brag about having the Iphone 7.
Losing the numerical will make thick people unlikely to buy the latest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I liked the fact you could load music on it and go for a run without having to take the phone

I'm not sure why anyone would do this. The biggest shortcoming of the watch, for me, is the lack of GPS so it's not a particularly effective exercise aid when used in isolation.

Whilst my Garmin is nowhere near as pretty as an Apple Watch, I do now understand the use case of having notifications delivered to your wrist. It's a lot quicker, and also feels less rude, to take a quick glance at your wrist rather than pulling a phone out.

The battery on my Garmin lasts for a good week or so too.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Anyone who begins a pitch with 'Let us loop you in' has already lost my interest. Sounds like pompous twaddle to me. Oh, hang on, just noticed it's Apple. Of course it's pompous twaddle!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I have to disagree with you on the Apple Watch. Incredibly useful - far more useful than my original Pebble, and infinitely more useful than a normal watch.

I don't exercise so don't care about GPS, but it does get me moving in my sedentary life behind my desk as it reminds me to stand when I haven't moved for a while.

Notifications to my watch are also very good - News headlines, Reminders, Emails, Text Messages, Calendar entries, WhatsApp messages - all delivered to my wrist without the need for picking up my phone.

As for Apple pay on my watch, also very good - saves me getting my phone or wallet out of jacket pocket. A small convenience, but a convenience nonetheless.

Pricey? Yes, but it's an Apple product so... :shrug:

Oh and it has CityMapper notifications as well, so for me living, and working in London its a god send.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That name is going to confuse a lot of their Customers, they won't be able to brag about having the Iphone 7.
Losing the numerical will make thick people unlikely to buy the latest.

The SE is supposed to be the mid-season 'budget' entry (think 5C) as 6S sales were poor.
The iPhone 7 will still come out in September.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellent. I was just thinking I need a new iPad. I'll wait until Easter.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hate Apple. Actually i don't just the people who harp on about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here