Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy gets International Call Up

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Take a bow son. Well deserved first call up. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Scotland squad to face Denmark

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Celtic), David Marshall (Cardiff)

Defenders: Liam Cooper (Leeds), Gordon Greer (Brighton), Grant Hanley (Blackburn), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Kieran Tierney (Celtic), Steven Whittaker (Norwich)

Midfielders: Liam Bridcutt (Leeds), Scott Brown (Celtic), Oliver Burke (Nottingham Forest), James Forrest (Celtic), John McGinn (Hibernian), Jamie Murphy (Brighton), Matt Ritchie (Bournemouth), Ikechi Anya (Watford)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Marseille), Leigh Griffiths (Celtic), Chris Martin (Derby)

Two Brighton players in the same squad (and Liam Bridcutt)

Sky Sports News

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Have to say Murphy has kind of proved me wrong as when he 1st joined he seemed way out of his depth and i bit my lip quite a few times at his what i saw as laziness , i think in the last 8 or so games i have not scored him below a 7.5 so im happy he has proved me wrong and good luck to him .

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well done sunshine

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He said one of the reasons for joining us was to get a better chance to play for his country. I remember thinking that shows how far we've come!

Thoroughly deserved, he's been class recently.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have to say Murphy has kind of proved me wrong as when he 1st joined he seemed way out of his depth and i bit my lip quite a few times at his what i saw as laziness , i think in the last 8 or so games i have not scored him below a 7.5 so im happy he has proved me wrong and good luck to him .

Murphy: laziness? There are a few things I could level at him, but not this. He is a CH-type of player in the shift that he puts in, and has a really good engine, which is why he's rarely substituted.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Scotch are on the up, I'd say their best XI might even make it into the bottom six of the Premier League.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Still makes me titter that he is at Marseille...

Was thinking the same! Although I have no idea how well he is doing.

Great news about Murphy - well deserved. he took a bit of time to bed in/get used to but he has been brilliant lately

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Still makes me titter that he is at Marseille...

It's like when they signed Tony Cascarino, at least then they could claim they thought he was Italian. To be fair his return for Marseille was pretty decent.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is a BONUS BONUS BONUS for me. He should have been in the full Scotland Squad years ago. Playing for Motherwell and Sheff Utd were what kept him out of the squads. I am so glad he has finally been recognised for the good player that he IS, WAS, and hopefully in the future WILL BE.

Well Done Jamie Sir

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Another positive for us, well done Jamie.

Also very interesting to note that the Scots have named two different squads for their friendlies - Greer is one of only 4 players to make both squads.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh great, an extra chance to get an injury.

Look at his track record of games played ever since he broke into the Motherwell side around 17. He doesn't tend to be an injury prone player. Even so. It is almost every lads dream to play for their country and i for one am chuffed to bits for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here