Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoying advert (iPhone)

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Does anyone else get this full page asda advert when they go onto NSC via safari on iPhone? Have to refresh the page a couple of times for it to disappear

image.png

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
How bizarre - not got that one.

Slightly on the same topic - does anyone else find the Uber adverts ridiculously sensitive on their phone? So annoying not being able to scroll down a page without it trying to download their bloody app

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Get the Asda one and a Fiat one that plays some stupid bloody song on my phone.

I've just looked it up to find it's called 'Let's Marvin Gaye and Get it on'. Why don't they just play Marvin Gaye Let's get it on ? :rant::rant::rant:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How bizarre - not got that one.

Slightly on the same topic - does anyone else find the Uber adverts ridiculously sensitive on their phone? So annoying not being able to scroll down a page without it trying to download their bloody app

Slightly off topic again, still with Apple.
Have just upgraded from my iPod classic to the new iPod touch, costing me £329.
With my new purchase you get a usb charger lead, I enquired about a plug to attach to lead for charging , only to be told it would a further £15 for a sodding plug :tantrum:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Slightly off topic again, still with Apple.
Have just upgraded from my iPod classic to the new iPod touch, costing me £329.
With my new purchase you get a usb charger lead, I enquired about a plug to attach to lead for charging , only to be told it would a further £15 for a sodding plug :tantrum:

Are they seriously going that far now? Unbelievable. Only a matter of time though I guess as they wouldn't have just made the detachable USB plug to be nice to us customers.

Tim to upgrade all the plug sockets in the house to include the USB socket

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does anyone else get this full page asda advert when they go onto NSC via safari on iPhone? Have to refresh the page a couple of times for it to disappear

View attachment 72950

Interesting. You certainly shouldn't be getting that.

I notice you were not logged in. There is a single full-screen ad that overlays once a day, but only for non-logged in users, and even that should be on desktop only. Users on mobile devices should not be getting anything at all like that.

Thanks for raising this, apologies for the issues - I'll get it looked at.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I notice you were not logged in. There is a single full-screen ad that overlays once a day, but only for non-logged in users, and even that should be on desktop only. Users on mobile devices should not be getting anything at all like that.

Yes I'm getting that one too. Really annoying as the little black cross to close it down is very small and so it's difficult to locate and close it down. Bloody ASDA!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

Im getting the full page ad not once a day but for every visit to the site when not logged in on work computer. Using Safari on OSX El Capitan. Irony is its advertising Visit Yorkshire when I live in Leeds :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here