Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so will we sign anyone before the loan window ends

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its all gone silent on the new striker we wanted when does the loan window close and rumours outhere??

We usually do our deals silently if possible - but my four penn'orth, for what it's worth, is that we won't be getting in this mythical striker, or any one else.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. We've got, more or less, a full injury free squad and already have good players that can't make the matchday 18. Can't see that there'd be anyone available that is better than what we already have.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get Glenn in, Bmuff are safe now, no reason to keep him, and can have a call back option if they got desperate.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
No. We've got, more or less, a full injury free squad and already have good players that can't make the matchday 18. Can't see that there'd be anyone available that is better than what we already have.

Very much agree.

I think this is us until the end of the season. It is a team that should make the playoffs. Once there we stand as good a chance as the others.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Very much agree.

I think this is us until the end of the season. It is a team that should make the playoffs. Once there we stand as good a chance as the others.

If we had a top class striker like all the other Play Off sides though.... then we would be the favorites... sadly we dont, and that will probably cost us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When does this window end? Can't wait for the end of all the clamour to 'Get Murray in, B'muff don't need him, we can't go up without him'.................

Although sadly, come to think of it, we'll then have to put up with a stream of 'We should of [sic] signed Murray' threads.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

As a matter of interest, which striker is not making the squad as I believe that is the only position we are looking at? I think we would benefit massively from signing Murray as he is much better than anybody we have, depends if we can find a way and are willing to pay what he is worth :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Agreed. I really don't think we need anyone that may be available to be honest.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When does this window end? Can't wait for the end of all the clamour to 'Get Murray in, B'muff don't need him, we can't go up without him'.................

Although sadly, come to think of it, we'll then have to put up with a stream of 'We should of [sic] signed Murray' threads.

Only until the summer. Then it'll be 'now we're in the premier league we should sign murray'. And Ulloa. Let's sign Sam Vokes and Chris Wood, too, they have premier league experience.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If we had a top class striker like all the other Play Off sides though.... then we would be the favorites... sadly we don't, and that will probably cost us.

Possibly, but I am still happy with our side and think that through and through we are the strongest we have been for a long time.

I guess if we don't go up there will be the 'what ifs' about Wilson and his fitness, it's been shame that he hasn't been able to contribute more

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only until the summer. Then it'll be 'now we're in the premier league we should sign murray'. And Ulloa. Let's sign Sam Vokes and Chris Wood, too, they have premier league experience.

I think we might be aiming much higher than any of those if we ever do manage to go up. Anyway it's good that so many fans are happy with the strike force we have and don't think we need better. It'll make the disappointment of missing out again in the playoffs that much easier to bear :smile:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As a matter of interest, which striker is not making the squad as I believe that is the only position we are looking at? I think we would benefit massively from signing Murray as he is much better than anybody we have, depends if we can find a way and are willing to pay what he is worth :shrug:

Trouble is, it doesn't seem that Murray is available. 'Muff have him in their 25 man squad, so will probably be wanting him to stay and help them earn a few more points.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What we need on Tuesday's evidence is a play maker rather than a striker. A plan B because all the changes we made were like for like really. A no.10 type player who can play in the hole behind the striker and create would give us an option.

Murray? why not bring Peter Ward back, he's part of the past too and better as well...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think so. Also would the BZ faithful be ready to lose him fro the match day squad because I have a feeling that he would be the one who would make way if a loanee striker was brought in

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here