Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My son has been offered a trail at Crystal Palace

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Yikes! Im pleased but seeing him in a Palace kit for the first time will be disturbing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good luck to him...for a youngster to get a trial at any professional club is fantastic, a premiership club is incredible.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why hasn't he got a trial with us???

Perhaps because our scouting of kids football locally still hasn't improved.

When my son was playing, Charlton were all over his team as they had a couple of stand out players. It was only when I emailed the Albion that they went to watch them - and offered both lads a trial.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
tell him to be a classy young lad and respect his environment ....all be it with gritted teeth

dont let him be a pikey tw@T and shart all over the dressing room

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Send him in deep undercover.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yikes! Im pleased but seeing him in a Palace kit for the first time will be disturbing.

All good stuff and sometimes exciting and confusing for the parents at the same time with quite strict rules for young players and even though he is invited in, what do you know about this trial.

Time period, the exact level he has been asked to join, do you pay etc etc.

Without naming him how old is your Son and whats his profile like, representative sides etc, just to give a little insight to the scouting psyche ;)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Perhaps because our scouting of kids football locally still hasn't improved.

When my son was playing, Charlton were all over his team as they had a couple of stand out players. It was only when I emailed the Albion that they went to watch them - and offered both lads a trial.

How long ago was that? Given that we're now one of only 24 Cat 1 academies, I'd imagine and hope that our scouts would be all over any talent within Sussex, as well as Hants, Surrey and Kent.

Well done to the OP's son though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here