Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunblane documentary on BBC 1 now....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Still clearly remember that day. Makes you appreciate the fragility of life.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I watched it and cried my heart out, so sad. I remember the day well, was playing 5 a side that night in deepest darkest North Kent
and a player from the other team was making jokes about it, us fathers ripped into him in the changing room as it was obvious he was not a dad and let's just say, he did not finish the game, as we kicked the shite kicked out of him, for that comment and not the red and blue south London shirt he had on, which was a target for the Brighton, Millwall and Charlton fathers on my team.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My wife and I watched a bit of it last night. I admit to turning it off as I was crying so much.

At the time neither of us had kids and she was working for the argus so pre internet days, they were producing ready for the evening edition. What was a horrific story then, takes on an extra dimension when you have kids. I'm also a school governor and I started thinking about all the security etc that are now in place.

It did seem to have one positive impact in as much as the gun laws were tightened and toughened hugely after that event

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
On again now and just seen it. I'd forgotten it was 5 year-olds. Being a father twice over and now having a granddaughter approaching that age, it just doesn't bear thinking about. Well done to the BBC for doing something so well, though.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
If there is anything positive we can take from this awful tragedy and Hungerford a few years before, its we can still be horrified and shocked at these tragedies years later. Unlike umurica where it would barely raise an eyebrow.

School premises are more secure these days. Sad reflection but necessary.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here