Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield Wednesday match report

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not a massively exciting game to write up, but I've done my best...

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?602-Albion-0-0-Sheffield-Wednesday-08-03-2016

The sides trooped out into the deluge, 15 minutes late, due to traffic problems delaying crowd arrival. Scanning the opposition ranks for players of note to watch, I waited for them to remove their navy blue tops to reveal what colour they’d be playing in. For a moment I’d thought the top was their actual kit – but that would be ridiculous – what kind of moron of a ref would allow a side to wear a change strip of dark blue, against a side playing in blue, on a dull, dark night? Oh.

We got underway, and some players in blue kicked the ball to others – sometimes in the same blue – sometimes kicking it to ones in the other blue. To be honest, ignore pretty much anything in this report concerning things that occurred over on the East touch-line. I’ve literally no idea what went on over there in the dark.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Here is my ' shorter ' version.

It was shite :)

I was genuinely tempted to 'produce' something as concise as that, but my (amateur) journalistic pretentions got the better of me - and I figured that some who were not there to share all the FUN with us, would like some detail...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent write up :thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Thanks Exile, accurate, erudite & entertaining, as usual.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cheers, good report..

Was there much difference between the nibble on Goldson by the Wednesday player and Dunk's kick out at a Preston player on Saturday, which also could have resulted in a red dependent upon the referee?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Good report. Did you notice the Wednesday keepers pre-match meditation/prayers? Towel over head squatting on penalty spot for a good 45 seconds. A first for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As the report said what idiot allowed them to play in 2 tone dark blue shirts and blue shorts against a team in Blue and White with Blue shorts. When registering their away kit shouldnt the FL insist that it doesnt contain any item with the same colours as their home kit. In our case and Sheff Wed Blue other than in edging to a complete different colour like white red or yellow but it must be minimal.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Excellent write up ,as usual and thanks Exile, to a shite nite. Hey-ho eh?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As the report said what idiot allowed them to play in 2 tone dark blue shirts and blue shorts against a team in Blue and White with Blue shorts. When registering their away kit shouldnt the FL insist that it doesnt contain any item with the same colours as their home kit. In our case and Sheff Wed Blue other than in edging to a complete different colour like white red or yellow but it must be minimal.

Well done, you have managed another pointless post and sent me to sleep :yawn:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I that is seriously a class report.

Sign him up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here