Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
goldson-l229-2997032_478x359.jpg

Connor Goldson
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 9th March 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's defender was pleased to keep another clean sheet.
As a defender, you pride yourself on keeping clean sheets and we managed to do that last night."
Connor Goldson
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Connor Goldson reflected on a keenly-contested draw with Sheffield Wednesday last night and was pleased to keep a fourth consecutive defensive shut-out.
The 23-year-old hailed the solidity within the side, but admits there can be a degree of frustration at not managing to score for a second consecutive game.
He said, “It was a tough game, both teams matched each other for work rate and quality on the night. It was a game of little chances and I think it was a fair result.
“As a defender, you pride yourself on keeping clean sheets and we managed to do that last night.
“I think we defended well overall as a team but we just lacked a little bit of quality all over the pitch; not just the forwards or the wide men, but from all of us.
“Myself, and the back four were sometimes a bit sloppy on the ball and we take that responsibility as a team.
“But we’ve got to give credit to them [Sheffield Wednesday]. They defended very well, were organised and did what they came here to do.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Albion have a brief respite from a hectic spell of fixtures, with seven days until they next host Reading at the Amex on 15th March and Goldson - who has established himself alongside Lewis Dunk - is eager to get back to winning ways.
“For us, next Tuesday can't come quick enough and hopefully we can get three points.
“I feel happy. I just think that overall as a player, I'm concentrating for 90 minutes in every single game.
“I'm not taking any risks which can lead to mistakes. I'm just trying to be the best I can be in every single game and to help the team progress.”[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here