Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sun reckons Queen wants UK to leave the EU...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The problem is Murdoch hates the regulatory authorities in Brussels, particularly the anti-competition authorities, to hamper the growth his media empire. Hence, the anti-EU stance, hence a wedding invite for Michael Gove.

Now he's trying to bring the Queen into it pretty outrageous really..

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A story from 'sources' is pretty poor. Perhaps Jerry needs to try harder to make him happy.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Urgh. Vile 'publication'. They should be made to print the inevitable backtrack apology on this story as their front cover display.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yesterday their front page splash was that big picture of Kate and Wills gambolling together playfully in the snow; a picture which I everyone would have already seen a full day earlier on facebook/twitter etc. It's just a matter of time before the print edition goes belly up.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Couldn't give a hoot what she thinks. Not my Queen.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well of course the story is true. It comes from an impeccable source, published in a highly respected newspaper.

Any reigning monarch would want to defend their turf from the encroachment of those nasty EU types...

God bless you maam

:salute:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the Royal Family really are politically neutral and are supposed to stay out of political debate then why was she sitting down with a table full of leading politicians discussing the EU in the first place?

In the Scottish Independence Referendum she urged Scottish voters to "think very carefully" before voting, a comment widely reported as being Pro-Union. However, given that all the polls suggest the Scots are more pro-EU than England by indicating she supports Brexit she makes it more likely we'll further alienate the Scots, potentially provoking a second independence referendum caused by the impending loss of EU membership, thereby potentially breaking up the UK Union and pissing on her own chips.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Couldn't give a hoot what she thinks. Not my Queen.

The Queens thinks what she likes and keeps it to herself, and during he reign that's exactly what she has done.

After yesterday's hint from Mark Carney that being in the EU was good thing, the Sun feels they need to trump that and in doing so makes up a story.

Today we have talkback radio stations now discussing the story as if it carries legitimacy. It does not, classic red top headline with nothing to back it up.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Only if you are not British.

my heritage goes back beyond the Normans .....................................how long does hers go back or even yours
not my Queen .......and never will .................................................please forgive me Mother

EDIT just a thought and I have to admire here for it she made thatcher stand at her weekly meetings apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here