Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed , Balldock , Murphy, Knockhaert, Wilson, Zamora , Lua Lua and no shots on target

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Come on lads - it was a wet night . Why didn't one of you just welly the round object at the goal ? Who knows what might happen . It might go in - god forbid .

Frankly you should be ashamed of yourselves ( only for last night) - 7 of you and not a shot on target all evening between you .

So pull yourselves together and make up for it next week against Reading .

At least 15 shots on target please .

Thats one every 6 minutes by the way .

Over and out

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Murphy and Knockaert were marked out of it - two on them every time they got the ball. Sidwell passed everything backwards or sideways and didn't win the ball in midfield like Kayal would have done. All that meant no service to the strikers at all, and to cap it off Bobby Z looked utterly past it.......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What constitutes a 'shot on target', btw?

Murphy had a shot on target after 15 minutes, that got deflected just over the bar.
Lualua also had a shot on target - a daft attempt at a first time volley, that got blocked, and looped up into the keeper's hands.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Murphy and Knockaert were marked out of it - two on them every time they got the ball. Sidwell passed everything backwards or sideways and didn't win the ball in midfield like Kayal would have done. All that meant no service to the strikers at all, and to cap it off Bobby Z looked utterly past it.......

An excellent summary. However we did not lose and as I saw it kept trying. It just did not work.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Get a grip man....

He has a point. Between them they cost a lot of £££ and they're being paid an awful lot of £££ - the least they could have done is have a shot at some point. To use the weather as a reason for the tame performance last night isn't good enough, get the thing down and get a shot off. We were facing the best goalkeeper in the league, at best you're going to score 1 in 3/4 shots on target but we never even tried.

I wonder how many times we've failed to score when Baldock has played?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately we coulldnt get past the two centre backs of Wednesday either over or round them.they were very dominant. I would like to have seen Murphy and Knockhaert run at both Bennett and Palmer the full backs more. Unfortunately the substitutions made had little affect on what we produced and other than resting the players they replaced served no useful purpose as none of them did anything of note and hardly touched the ball. On another day they would have got into the game and helped score a winner but not last night.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Come on lads - it was a wet night . Why didn't one of you just welly the round object at the goal ? Who knows what might happen . It might go in - god forbid .

Frankly you should be ashamed of yourselves ( only for last night) - 7 of you and not a shot on target all evening between you .

So pull yourselves together and make up for it next week against Reading .

At least 15 shots on target please .

Thats one every 6 minutes by the way .

Over and out

Your not the Cardiff owner by chance

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not forcing the keeper to make a save seems pretty poor.

That said, Wednesday hardly threatened either. A poor game from two sides that just didn't want to lose perhaps. Poor day at the office.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Murphy had a shot on target after 15 minutes, that got deflected just over the bar.
Lualua also had a shot on target - a daft attempt at a first time volley, that got blocked, and looped up into the keeper's hands.

I think Lua Lua caught that really well and it might well have been on target if not for the block.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

My thoughts exactly. That one from Murphy was brilliantly hit and was probably heading for the net.
But we can all agree that last night wasn't exactly the performance or entertainment that we wanted. Credit to Sheff Wed: they did a job, and did it very well. We lacked the quality to break them down.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011

It might have been a daft attempt but I was sat in N1H and directly inline and that was headed bottom corner before it got the deflection

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It might have been a daft attempt but I was sat in N1H and directly inline and that was headed bottom corner before it got the deflection

Thanks. From my angle I couldn't tell - but you've backed up my point - entirely untrue to claim we had no shots on target :thumbsup:

el punal

He has a point. Between them they cost a lot of £££ and they're being paid an awful lot of £££ - the least they could have done is have a shot at some point. To use the weather as a reason for the tame performance last night isn't good enough, get the thing down and get a shot off. We were facing the best goalkeeper in the league, at best you're going to score 1 in 3/4 shots on target but we never even tried.

I wonder how many times we've failed to score when Baldock has played?
Got something against Baldock? In recent times when he played I do believe we won 4-0, and then, would you believe it, we won 4-0 again! Most strange, non?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Got something against Baldock? In recent times when he played I do believe we won 4-0, and then, would you believe it, we won 4-0 again! Most strange, non?

It is very strange, yes. Usually, he doesn't score a goal and we struggle to break teams down. Which we have now reverted back to again, after the madness of scoring 4 goals in consecutive games.

What's undeniable is that the team are generally getting better results with him in the team, but I strongly believe that's despite his presence and not because of it. He's a poor player at this level and has proven it over the last two seasons.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It's an interesting if slightly off topic point that all four games against SW and Preston ended in a nil nil draw...

Lamie, have you ever played the game?
I see you more of the bloke that comes on with the magic sponge (sprayed liberally with antiseptic solution)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lamie, have you ever played the game?
I see you more of the bloke that comes on with the magic sponge (sprayed liberally with antiseptic solution)

:moo: ..I am upset to think that after all of our halftime chats and me stopping you falling over through excessive drinking ...I've never played the magical game.....I'm gonna go and cry now

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
:moo: ..I am upset to think that after all of our halftime chats and me stopping you falling over through excessive drinking ...I've never played the magic game.....I'm gonna go and cry now

Ok, you must have been a STOPPER tho :eek:

With those muscles and intellect you are wasted doing gardening :hilton:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here