Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmmm

Perchance he's just an incy wincy bit past it?!?

No Kayal, I'd rather have seen Towell or one of our flairtastic youngster's.

Steve aside...

That team performance was not good.

Too safe, way too cautious, and we played with fear.

Why? Over to you Chris -

Kosh

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Another in a long succession of loan players giving 70%. Absolute non entity tonight. Kayal showed again during an absence why he is probably our most important player...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wasn't great but hardly anyone stood out. Stephens looked lethargic and poor

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sidwell had a terrible game. He wasn't alone in that
but he was probably our worst player tonight. Much too casual and careless with the ball. He had
division Four quality shot too

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I just think it's lack of games he's had over past few years. Class is still there somewhere, he knows he was poor tonight he said so himself but still a good player at this level. Doesn't offer the drive Kayal has and if anyone is dropped for him I would suggest it should be Stephens not Kayal

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Firstly, he was atrocious tonight. It just is what it is.

Secondly, he was brave enough to go on the radio tonight and say he wasn't happy with his performance, which players rarely do. Sometimes it just doesn't click, but I respect him for that honesty.

Thirdly, the guy basically didn't play football competitively for 2 years before rejoining us yet he was heralded as the excellent back up/alternative we needed. Unfortunately, tonight proved yet again what a number of us said when he resigned... He needed time and space to regain his match fitness and to blend in - he hasn't been afforded that due to the form of Kayal and Stephens, so he's looked out of place when he has played. I really haven't yet seen a thing from Sidwell that Ince, Crofts or JFC couldn't be doing for us.

Fourthly, the fault tonight lays with CH rather than Sidwell - we have a week for players to rest after this game and rotating the midfield, which is what he said he'd done on the radio, proved to be a stupid idea. That's no reflection on Sidwell per se, just a reflection than, given the circumstances, Kayal should've been playing as he's probably our best player.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Firstly, he was atrocious tonight. It just is what it is.

Secondly, he was brave enough to go on the radio tonight and say he wasn't happy with his performance, which players rarely do. Sometimes it just doesn't click, but I respect him for that honesty.

Thirdly, the guy basically didn't play football competitively for 2 years before rejoining us yet he was heralded as the excellent back up/alternative we needed. Unfortunately, tonight proved yet again what a number of us said when he resigned... He needed time and space to regain his match fitness and to blend in - he hasn't been afforded that due to the form of Kayal and Stephens, so he's looked out of place when he has played. I really haven't yet seen a thing from Sidwell that Ince, Crofts or JFC couldn't be doing for us.

Fourthly, the fault tonight lays with CH rather than Sidwell - we have a week for players to rest after this game and rotating the midfield, which is what he said he'd done on the radio, proved to be a stupid idea. That's no reflection on Sidwell per se, just a reflection than, given the circumstances, Kayal should've been playing as he's probably our best player.

Succinctly put and agreed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We were collectively poor tonight, just did not have the craft or guile to break down a resolute, organised defence. But Sidwell stood out as being particularly woeful. He couldn't pass for toffee, which I can forgive to an extent if he is at least getting stuck in, but he wasn't even doing that. He constantly stood off, did not get his foot in, didn't provide movement or options, the game just passed him by completely. It was basically like playing with 10 men, he was a total passenger in that midfield, he offered absolutely nothing.

NOT good enough. If Kayal is nursing a knock then I'd rather have Ince in there. He's a bit of a blunt instrument, but at least he looks interested.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We were collectively poor tonight, just did not have the craft of guile to break down a resolute, organised defence. But Sidwell stood out as being particularly woeful. He couldn't pass for toffee, which I can forgive to an extent if he is at least getting stuck in, but he wasn't even doing that. He constantly stood off, did not get his foot in, didn't provide movement or options coming forward, and the game passed him by completely. It was basically like playing with 10 men, he was a total passenger in that midfield, he offered absolutely nothing.

NOT good enough. If Kayal is nursing a knock then I'd rather have Ince in there. He's a bit of a blunt instrument, but at least he looks interested.

Agreed, apart from the Ince bit. Boy did we miss Kayal. Zamora looks increasingly past it too, and Knockaert is hit and miss - when he us good he us fantastic. Tonight he wasn't. Good to keep 4 clean sheets in a row though, well done back 5 - looking like an increasingly solid unit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Only a matter of time before someone gets around to the thread about how useless Baldock and Hemed were. It's a turkeyshoot tonight, take your pick. The only players who get no criticism are Stockdale, Bruno, Goldson, Dunk and Rosenior who all did their jobs well. The rest were crap.

Next game please, and quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here