Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus .... A new low

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Put together in Derbyshire. So technically the foot was bitten by a mongrel.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
That's not even a picture of an Avensis is it?!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Love this response in the comments:

The "Japanese" car (GV59 XXL) shown in the Argus photo is a 2010 Toyota Auris not a Toyota Avensis. This "Japanese" Toyota Auris will actually have been assembled at the Toyota UK manufacturing plant in Burnaston, Derbyshire since 2006 when this model was introduced. Not quite so "Japanese" after all but as a footnote the Toyota Avensis has also been assembled in the same Derbyshire plant as the Auris, since 1997. Toyota also has an engine manufacturing plant in Deeside, North Wales and both factories combined employ around 4,000 UK workers.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Look at the rest of his articles.. numerous bizarre headlines and non-sensical sentences. Do they not have subs?

https://twitter.com/Argus_GarethD

"They wanted clarification on Mrs Farmer's evidence, who lives on Rusper Road."

"My views on Hartley in today's Argus. Can't let keeping his nose clean take away from his intimidating edge."

"Priest escapes jail after officers raid church and find 3,000 images of children."

"Teenage girl arrested after another girl gripped by throat."

"Woman escapes jail after glugging four vodka and Fantas then crashing her car" (with a picture of a bottle of Fanta..)

I thought he was some 16 year old on work experience or something, but he obviously isn't.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It includes that wonderful line:
"Anyone who saw happened...", which for some reason in my mind I say in a Chinese accent.

Oh, and which country is the injured foot from?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sake.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's low, not sure I would call it new though.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's low, not sure I would call it new though.
Agreed, my all time favourite was in the print edition where an article (badly written, of course) regarding a golf tournament had a picture of what appeared to be the aftermath of a forest fire attached. Happily, the caption on the picture related to the golf tournament.

'Tis a rag.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The fact that it is trending as the 4th most read article shows how dead the Argus is. What a shame and disgrace. Once a decent local newspaper.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
My favourite (not Argus), was a photofit picture of a person following an armed robbery. It was a picture of a head covered with a balaclava.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't stand that rag – so I won't be clicking on the link – but what is the headline, just out of interest?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here