second semi final- remember the first semi final still has a day or so to go

Vicente
D.O.B: 16.7.81
Nationality:Spanish (38 caps, 3 goals)
Albion Career: 32 apps, 5 goals. 2011-13
Position:Midfielder
Vicente-Brighton.png
FLAIRtributes: immensely skillful, mythical status, transfer saga, he's Vicente
Progress thus far: 1st in Group 3 (107 votes- 73.29%)
Second Round: Defeated Rod Thomas & Jonny Dixon 43-1-1
Quarter Final: Defeated Paddy McCourt 144-17

vs

Sergei Gotsmonov
D.O.B: 27.3.59
Nationality: Belarusian (3 caps, 1 goal)/Soviet Union (31 caps, 2 goals)
Albion Career: 16 apps, 4 goals. 1990
Position: Midfielder
russia-sergei-gotsmanov-226-orbis-1990-world-cup-football-sticker-48941-p.jpg
FLAIRtributes: cheeky, incredibly skilful, achieved great cult status in a short time, very flair nationality
Progress thus far: 1st in Group 4 (24 votes- 22,86%)
Second Round: Defeated Robert Codner 38-10
Quarter Final: Defeated Bas Savage 32-10

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Difficult.

This would have been my final. Will take time to consider.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's an unfair competition really as most on here won't have seen both players.

Gotsmanov more consistently produced flair moments than Vicente. Was fit more often, and then did the ultimate flair thing of swanning off to our south coast rivals. He is also Russian, which is flair.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's an unfair competition really as most on here won't have seen both players.

Gotsmanov more consistently produced flair moments than Vicente. Was fit more often, and then did the ultimate flair thing of swanning off to our south coast rivals. He is also Russian, which is flair.

He's Belarusian!

He was a joy to watch, I remember when we played Swindon away and Duncan Shearer broke Nicky Bissett's leg. It was during a dull period of play and you could hear the crack of the bone breaking in every stand, a truly horrible experience, which ended Bissett's career. Shearer was so upset he had to be substituted a few minutes later.

Gotsmanov ran rings around Swindon that night, he was uncatchable, and it was perhaps fitting, that as the one gazelle in a team of wildebeest, it was the lumbering Gary Chivers and Kevin Bremner who scored the goals in our victory.

Gotsmanov only scored four times for the Albion, but he was streets ahead of every player I have seen since UNTIL Vicente signed. For sheer batshit nuttiness and moody looks, it's the Spaniard that gets my vote (plus THAT run and shot against the bar versus Derby).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well he played for the USSR which in my mind is Russian! It's like Austria and Germany, they're all German really.

Anyway my Gotsmanov highlight was when he rounded the keeper and then started celebrating the goal before rolling the ball into the net.

Lovely stuff.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a toughie.

We have Vicente, who beat Portsmouth on his own in 20 minutes after 70 minutes of complete FAFF by everyone else, and then waltzed through the Derby team to SMASH off the bar...

...and then Gotsanov who found it all so easy he once celebrated walking though a defence and rounding the keeper by raising his hands and celebrating BEFORE he'd bothered tapping it into the net.

Absolute festival of flair here. I'll probably plump for Vicente though. I think he's got this tournament by the GONADS.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Similar in many ways, both raised the anticipation of the crowd when they were on the ball, both major stars in their own countries. I've gone for Gotsmanov though mainly because he played with a sense of joy when he was with us and the club sorted him out a sponsored Lada Riva.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Who's the biggest bonker at the club is another competition for NSC surely?

Andy Kennedy, Don Shanks, Liam Dickenson. Alan Biley?

Lots to choose from.

Kennedy, clearly, seeing as how he was supposedly boffing Maria Whittaker when he was at the Albion!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Who's the biggest bonker at the club is another competition for NSC surely?

Andy Kennedy, Don Shanks, Liam Dickenson. Alan Biley?

Lots to choose from.

Not forgetting Teddy Maybank. Although it was after he finished with Brighton, he was a contestant on blind date in the 80's. The brown stuff hit the fan shortly afterwards when it was revealed in the sun (or news of the world?) he already had a girlfriend.

Naughty.:ohmy:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Kennedy, clearly, seeing as how he was supposedly boffing Maria Whittaker when he was at the Albion!

Don Shanks was slipping one to a Miss World whilst at the Albion though, and Alan Biley left Pompey after rumours abounded about him and the wife of ****** ********* (name of psychopathic Pompey player removed at the request of NSC's lawyers), which was either very brave or spectacularly stoopid.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
How many players are signed at an Airport departure Gate by an ordinary fan who was in the right place at the right time. Extreme flairinosity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How many players are signed at an Airport departure Gate by an ordinary fan who was in the right place at the right time. Extreme flairinosity.

Who wouldn't go to the Tapas bar with his Spanish colleagues, even though the rest of them turned up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sergei is a clear loser here. As expected sadly.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is when Sergei rounded the keeper and started celebrating a goal BEFORE he had scored, FLAIR.

[yt]H22JcWiXQhM[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here