Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Stag Do Dilemma

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
I moved to the West country for work six months ago and have made a few new work mates. The type you have a coffee with and perhaps go for a pint on a Friday with.

One of these guys is getting married in the summer and is going to the Euros in June for his Stag do.

One of his mates has dropped out so there is a space available which he has offered to me.

The pros are - It's a trip to the Euros (we are watching England vs Russia), and a piss up.

The cons - expensive at short notice and I won't know anyone apart from the stag (who I don't really know too well anyway!)

Anyone have experience of 'third wheeling' at a stag do? Was it difficult to integrate into the group and would you advise it?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Go for it, meet a load of new people, watch the Euros and have a piss up. whats not to like?

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Provided it's not too much of a strain on your wallet, definitely do it. Blokes on tour weekend, perhaps make a few new friends etc. No brainer for me.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you get on with this bloke and think he's alright then it's likely that his closest mates are going to be ok too. I went on a stag do where I only knew the stag and one other lad and had a great time. The bonus of getting to go to the Euros should counter any reservations you have.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ideal chance to meet some new mates and bond over beers and football. What's not to like?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Depends on your personality. If you're the outgoing, gregarious type who enjoys a good laugh and people like to be around then it should be fine. Knowing the bridegroom's personality, you should already have a good idea about the type of mates he's taking. Try to meet up with him and his mates for a few jars before the stag. Go for it!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't do it. I have to disagree with everyone else. I understand you'd feel REALLY uncomfortable and a consequence it's not worth the hassle.

Just PM me and I'll go instead. No need to thank me.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Go for it, if they're mostly a group you'll get included and beer gets covo flowing plus football you will have a topic if all else fails. You'll also be intersting as an 'outsider' I'm sure and have small talk to get under way chatting.

Just as long as the cost isn't crazily prohibitive as tournament football can be

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
Seems fairly conclusive. I'm comfortable meeting new people and as an excuse to head over to France in June it seems perfect. It will be expensive but I can justify the cost

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you get on well with the stag it's a no brainer for me. Too good an opportunity to miss and most likely to end up with a bunch of new mates as well.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I did the same thing a year ago. Only knew the stag. I had a great time, met some nice blokes and initially being the outsider wasn't a problem. Added advantage of this one is that footie is involved.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yeah, go for it. I had a similar experience of going on a stag do a couple of years ago where I only knew the groom. It was absolutely brilliant, and I still keep in touch with a few of the other lads I met on the trip. Ultimately, everyone's there to have a good time and the standard make-up of a stag do involves the groom bringing together different friends from different areas of his life, i.e. school, work, uni etc, so you'll be absolutely fine.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Get pissed up in the departure lounge, drop your pants on the plane over there, get arrested on arrival - you'll be a legend (or us that bellend??) in your own time....what's not to like...go for it!!!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No....brainer.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here