Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship tonight 8/3/16

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been so focused on our game tonight that I had no idea if anyone else was playing. Turns out it is nearly a full round of fixtures.

No one has a gimme, although Cardiff will be fancying their chances of being in the play-off places if we do the business over Wednesday :lolol:

Blackburn v Birmingham
Bolton v Ipswich
Brighton v Sheff Wed
Cardiff v Leeds
Charlton v MK Dons
Fulham v Burnley
Huddersfield v Reading
Nottm Forest v Preston
QPR v Derby
Rotherham v Middlesbrough
Wolves v Bristol City

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 08.12.18.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Current notable sequences...

Burnley: 4 consecutive wins.
Forest: 4 consecutive defeats.
Albion: 3 consecutive clean sheets.
Bolton: 5 without a win (Forest and Wednesday :lolol: both 4 without a win)
Ipswich: 7 since a draw (Blackburn, Brentford, Bristol City: 6)
Burnley: 12 since a defeat (Reading: 5)
Bolton: 11 since a clean sheet (Wolves: 5)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Fulham are crap atm, unfortunately will be an easy win for Burnley. As for Rotherham who knows, no doubt Warnock will have done his homework.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah need to win for a number of reasons. Mainly to shut the Wednesday :lolol: fans up once and for all this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a hard job believing both Middlesbrough and Burnley will fail to win. I know they're both away from home but ultimately they are playing crap teams. Looking at those fixtures, I really do think we have to win to stay in touch because we are running out of games.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Can't see Rotherham giving Boro an easy ride. Warnock's lot will be scrapping for every home point; they will make life very awkward for Boro.

As for Fulham v Burnley, well I feel less optimistic. Burnley have momentum and considering the abysmal number of goals Fulham concede, Gray could fill his boots.

Likewise Derby at QPR. I've got this down as an away win. Aside from the Wolves defeat, Derby have stabilised and who knows, could even be dark horses for automatic promotion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fulham are pathetic. And not clear of relegation either. While they score goals, they concede them by the shedload. Honestly can't see them getting any change whatsoever out of Burnley, much as I'd love to be wrong.

Also fairly confident that Boro will be clinical enough to dispose of a battling Rotherham.

As far as Hull are concerned, let's all hope for a long, drawn-out Cup replay against Arsenal, ideally on a monstrously heavy pitch, with extra time and penalties, and thundering tackles flying in all over the place. And a red card for Hernandez.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Rotherham have their tails slightly up at the moment after a couple of decent results. Middlesbrough have been prone to the odd wobble in their last ten games or so. Rotherham could be a live long shot to gain something. Fingers crossed Colin & Co may do us a favour tonight.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't see Derby and Boro failing to win tbh. In contrast to most above, I think Burnley are the most likely of the three to slip up. Fulham are woefully inconsistent, but capable of a result, if McCormack is on song.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Brighton 2-1 Sheff Wed
Cardiff 3-0 Leeds
Fulham 1-3 Burnley
QPR 2-2 Derby
Rotherham 1-1 Middlesbrough

With Fulham's inevitable slide towards relegation, I wouldn't mind us snapping up McCormack for next season (regardless of which division we end up in).

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Can't see Rotherham giving Boro an easy ride. Warnock's lot will be scrapping for every home point; they will make life very awkward for Boro.

As for Fulham v Burnley, well I feel less optimistic. Burnley have momentum and considering the abysmal number of goals Fulham concede, Gray could fill his boots.

Likewise Derby at QPR. I've got this down as an away win. Aside from the Wolves defeat, Derby have stabilised and who knows, could even be dark horses for automatic promotion.

I agree that Rotherham will make life difficult for Boro. Rotherham have scrapped to win their last two, and Boro aren't the best travellers. This one could be tight... hopefully.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a hard job believing both Middlesbrough and Burnley will fail to win. I know they're both away from home but ultimately they are playing crap teams. Looking at those fixtures, I really do think we have to win to stay in touch because we are running out of games.
Indeed. I think the dream of top two could be over very soon.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I agree that Rotherham will make life difficult for Boro. Rotherham have scrapped to win their last two, and Boro aren't the best travellers. This one could be tight... hopefully.

Also worth noting, Rotherham will see this as a fine opportunity to gain ground on their relegation rivals. Bristol CIty and Fulham have really tough games, while MK Dons and Charlton play each other. We want the ugliest, snarliest Rotherham to show up....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wouldn't rule out Rotherham getting a point against Boro, and I fancy Fulham to raise their game tonight. Their team are full of players that have talent but no motivation, they may just do better against the better sides in the division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here