Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A24 @ Buck Barn

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What a shambles. Queues back to Horsham, taken my missus 50mins to get past Buck Barn.. 11 weeks of works

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
For some reason every time the traffic lights failed @ Buck Barn there were hardly any queues (this was many years ago mind) I'm sure traffic volume has increased ten fold since then.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
For some reason every time the traffic lights failed @ Buck Barn there were hardly any queues (this was many years ago mind) I'm sure traffic volume has increased ten fold since then.

The lights failed there a year or two ago and it was bliss that morning, traffic flowed beautifully.

I'm dreading it. I've been off work for two weeks and working from home this week, but I know come Monday, I will have to bite the bullet. A29 now looking more attractive, if that were ever possible...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
This time they've closed a lane North & Southbound approaching the cross section which is causing the delays.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
It took me 90 mins to get from the bottom of the Southwater bypass to the Buck Barn lights. I'm glad I found out tonight how bad it is, I will finish work early and take a different route for tomorrow's journey home, I don't want to miss any of the game against the Massive.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just got in myself from Horsham, an extra 1 hour 15 minutes and I missed the cutoff for the A27 closure at 8pm going to Lancing and had to take the detour. I am fuming. What are the road alternatives, does anyone know?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just got in myself from Horsham, an extra 1 hour 15 minutes and I missed the cutoff for the A27 closure at 8pm going to Lancing and had to take the detour. I am fuming. What are the road alternatives, does anyone know?

where you coming from?

Only alternative is along the A27 and up the A23 for me,extra 10 mile each way for me but can't do that bollox again,had to get out and have a wazz by the side of the road!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
where you coming from?
Horsham down the A24 and along the A27 to Lancing. So the best route is to go to Crawley and go down the A23?

Jul 7, 2003
Cowfold is bad enough so people diverting will only make that worse.

There is the old back route from Dial Post to Southwater via Dragons Green that isn't too bad. Those coming / going from north of Horsham could cut across and use the A29 and then the back roads from Adversane back to Ashington.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Yeah or down the back way Lower Beeding but that will prob be busy!
Looks like its going to be through Southwater and down Shipley Road. I think I'll give that a try tomorrow. I will give update when I arrive home.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a shambles. Queues back to Horsham, taken my missus 50mins to get past Buck Barn.. 11 weeks of works
Comfort yourself with the fact that the UK is the world's 5th biggest economy, if we weren't, it would take 12 weeks to fix it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here