Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Screwfix. uhm

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Been touring the internet lately for a bathroom towel radiator. Saw one in Screwfix end of last week that seemed to fit the bill.
Price ok but only a 5 year guarantee.
Went into buy today in Hove and told catalogue has changed since last week and the towel rail was now 50% dearer!!!! FFS.

Politely said "no thanks", came home looked at internet again and found a superior product with a 10 year guarantee, that is cheaper than what I originally wanted to pay Screwfix, from a company in Manchester.

Point is, how much time can you allow to spend checking out suitable products on the net.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Point is, how much time can you allow to spend checking out suitable products on the net.

Well given that I can spend 4 hours looking up animal genitalia facts on Wikipedia, a long time.

As an aside, did you know that the male duck billed platypus has a multi-headed penis (four heads on it)?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well given that I can spend 4 hours looking up animal genitalia facts on Wikipedia, a long time.

As an aside, did you know that the male duck billed platypus has a multi-headed penis (four heads on it)?

You wouldn't happen to be a lecturer at Manchester Uni, would you? Know [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] perchance?

Either way, you should post more frequently.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Been touring the internet lately for a bathroom towel radiator. Saw one in Screwfix end of last week that seemed to fit the bill.
Went into buy today in Hove and told catalogue has changed since last week and the towel rail was now 50% dearer!!!! FFS.

Politely said "no thanks", came home looked at internet again and found a superior product with a 10 year guarantee, that is cheaper than what I originally wanted to pay Screwfix, from a company in Manchester.

It happens ..catalogues do get updated etc ..generally I find the company very useful ..u were just unlucky on this occasion..I guess if u had gone online today to check the stock situation u would have seen the new price

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
It happens ..catalogues do get updated etc ..generally I find the company very useful ..u were just unlucky on this occasion..I guess if u had gone online today to check the stock situation u would have seen the new price

True, I bought my kitchen rad from them and was pleased, that is why I looked at their bathroom ones.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You wouldn't happen to be a lecturer at Manchester Uni, would you? Know [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] perchance?

Either way, you should post more frequently.

Isn't he at Liverpool now?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also worth noting that reserving online to pick-up in store can sometimes be cheaper than just buying in store.

I had this in Argos just before Christmas when buying some Beats as a gift.

Standing in the shop, the price was c£200. I thought I would check the price online on my phone and they were cheaper so I reserved to pick up there and then and saved myself £50.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

For a £100(?) item, 5 years is a lot of warranty. I realise you have now got a 10 year version but will you still have the receipt in ten years?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Also worth noting that reserving online to pick-up in store can sometimes be cheaper than just buying in store.

I had this in Argos just before Christmas when buying some Beats as a gift.

Standing in the shop, the price was c£200. I thought I would check the price online on my phone and they were cheaper so I reserved to pick up there and then and saved myself £50.

If you had purchased them from Amazon, you would of earned money for NSC

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Time spent on research on the net is never wasted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you had purchased them from Amazon, you would of earned money for NSC

When I say "just before Christmas", it was Christmas Eve!

(I'd already ordered something on the 23rd December from Amazon which did arrive on the 24th much to my amazement)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here