Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks Like Bolton , are still in the mire financially

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I thought Dean Holdsworth's group had taken over , but it seems they are having trouble proving to the necessary people that they have the dosh !

A winding-up petition against Bolton has again been adjourned at the High Court to give Dean Holdsworth's consortium time to complete a takeover.

The Football League has given approval for Holdsworth's Sports Shield group to complete a £7.5m purchase of the Championship's bottom side.

However, they have not yet been able to prove they have the funds to buy the club from owner Eddie Davies

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Check out this thread as their fans seem to know more than the media.

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/forum/bolton-wanderers/gartside-out-9647/825/

Looks like Holdsworth's crew don't actually have any money (quell surprise) and that most fans want administration now to get rid of ED (good luck with that) and avoid the points deduction being made next season in L1.

What an unholy mess.

By the way, those who have been constantly comparing us to Bolton because of TB's financing of the club should have a read of that Bolton forum.

Most of them believe that ED's debt is nowhere near what he's made it out to be and that he wants to avoid administration as the truth may come out.

I don't know enough about it to form an opinion but it would make sense. Otherwise why haven't they already gone down the admin route?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I wonder how many lottery tickets have been brought in an attempt to reach £7.5m.

So a 12 point penalty looming in a fortnight and the possibility of 15 points next season, not looking good for them unless they can avoid the insolvency before the next hearing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
BOUGHT
FFS!

Where do you think they have been brought to?

I thought it was a typo but the Mrs says that people do actually say/write this. I must admit I'd never noticed before but now it's going to annoy me forever like "could of". punish:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought it was a typo but the Mrs says that people do actually say/write this. I must admit I'd never noticed before but now it's going to annoy me forever like "could of". punish:
It's a very common mistake. I work in a primary school and many children look bemused when one tries to explain. Much like 'you're' and 'your'.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
BOUGHT
FFS!

It's a very common mistake. I work in a primary school and many children look bemused when one tries to explain. Much like 'you're' and 'your'.

You're all moaning about brought instead of bought.

I only came on this thread to have a go at the OP about the totally unnecessary comma, and the spaces either side of it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Check out this thread as their fans seem to know more than the media.

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/forum/bolton-wanderers/gartside-out-9647/825/

Most of them believe that ED's debt is nowhere near what he's made it out to be and that he wants to avoid administration as the truth may come out.

I don't know enough about it to form an opinion but it would make sense. Otherwise why haven't they already gone down the admin route?

That's what I thought. Gartside transferred assets to his own company and with the debt on other assets, allegedly.

Fair play as Gartside put the money in in the first place. Makes it difficult to sell if the buyers cannot cover the short term losses though.

Means there are no assets to pay the taxman though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You're all moaning about brought instead of bought.

I only came on this thread to have a go at the OP about the totally unnecessary comma, and the spaces either side of it.
Please point me in the direction of my moan? It was just an observation. [emoji3]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
BOUGHT
FFS!

Why thank you for taking time away from the review of the matchday travel guide as I know this is one of your pet bugs although it seems that the guide still has to be amended to your specific requirements. Keep at it and there may be a breakthrough one day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here