Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Have I Done!

el punal

This last weekend, me and my friend were all set fair, with train and match tickets, to go to Albion's away fixture at Preston. Disaster struck! Following our dismantling of the Champions of Europe last Monday I returned home feeling positively crap. Bug, illness, virus, man-flu, beri-beri, call it what you will - I was well and truly laid out.

The dear lady wife insisted I dose myself in readiness for the the forthcoming trip to go "oop north", but to no avail. By Friday I still felt terrible. Then . . . the bombshell!!

"I'll go instead of you." declares Mrs.Punal. I couldn't argue. So, on Saturday, the memsahib and my friend left on the 08.20 train, out of Southampton, bound for the northern outpost, whilst I stayed at home coughing and spluttering.

The deed was done, a point was won. And, on Sunday morning, my dear wife says how much she enjoyed the trip, loved the match, thought the Albion were great, and then gave me an in-depth analysis of the game worthy of any of our top journos.

Then . . . . bombshell no.2!! "I would like to go on a few more away trips." she declares.

Now this has really put the cat amongst the pigeons. For me, away trips are the last bastion of a male football fan's idea of perfect debauchery - train booze, pub booze, ground booze, The Match, bit more booze, pub booze, train booze . . . train snooze - home! Perfect.

Does this mean my precious away day activities are now to be drastically curtailed?

Help, advice, and solutions please! :tantrum:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
This last weekend, me and my friend were all set fair, with train and match tickets, to go to Albion's away fixture at Preston. Disaster struck! Following our dismantling of the Champions of Europe last Monday I returned home feeling positively crap. Bug, illness, virus, man-flu, beri-beri, call it what you will - I was well and truly laid out.

The dear lady wife insisted I dose myself in readiness for the the forthcoming trip to go "oop north", but to no avail. By Friday I still felt terrible. Then . . . the bombshell!!

"I'll go instead of you." declares Mrs.Punal. I couldn't argue. So, on Saturday, the memsahib and my friend left on the 08.20 train, out of Southampton, bound for the northern outpost, whilst I stayed at home coughing and spluttering.

The deed was done, a point was won. And, on Sunday morning, my dear wife says how much she enjoyed the trip, loved the match, thought the Albion were great, and then gave me an in-depth analysis of the game worthy of any of our top journos.

Then . . . . bombshell no.2!! "I would like to go on a few more away trips." she declares.

Now this has really put the cat amongst the pigeons. For me, away trips are the last bastion of a male football fan's idea of perfect debauchery - train booze, pub booze, ground booze, The Match, bit more booze, pub booze, train booze . . . train snooze - home! Perfect.

Does this mean my precious away day activities are now to be drastically curtailed?

Oh deary me... you've certainly got yourself in a pickle. Be firm tho... !!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tell her the club only allow a household to purchase one ticket for away matches.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Let her go with your friend. She seems to have more fun with him than with you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't want to piss on your chips, but if she thought the Albion were great on Saturday she clearly didn't go to the match, and instead was shacked up in a hotel bedroom with a vending machine rep having carnal relations.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
images.jpg

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

el punal

I don't want to piss on your chips, but if she thought the Albion were great on Saturday she clearly didn't go to the match, and instead was shacked up in a hotel bedroom with a vending machine rep having carnal relations.

Oh great! So her in-depth match analysis was based on post coital pillow talk. Kick a man when he's down (part deux). :cry:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Haven't checked. Is there a 'comedy' "I went to the game with my mate's missus and we ended up having sex" thread on NSC yet?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

At least you weren't booked on the 0509...

Yup, this. The game was dreadful. I'm glad I got completely poleaxed as to not remember much of it. Preston has a LOT of excellent pubs.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
You shouldn't have been a man-baby and not go. Now your partner is going to cost you more in terms of the money and your freedom!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Preston has a LOT of excellent pubs.

It may have been due to walking through a rough area of the town to get to Deepdale, but there were also a frightening number of ugly women in Preston, most of whom were

(a) Large
(b) Pushing prams
(c) Able to look directly at you with one eye and over your shoulder with the other

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

She's cheating on you with your friend....

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
You are a fool. Why would she suddenly say she would go if she hadn't been to away games before?

She and your mate must have been so overjoyed that you fell ill by 'accident'

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I think you're lucky your wife is interested. Go to matches with her, train booze, pub booze, ground booze, The Match, bit more booze, put booze, train booze... train snooze - home. Perfect.

Best if you share some interests with your wife, you don't want to just have a good time when you're not with her, that would be a shit marriage.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let her go with your friend. She seems to have more fun with him than with you.
Is there another thread up yet? Went to the match with mate's bird, got drunk and we accidentally shagged etc, but it was great. He treats her badly and doesn't let her go out and have fun, now she wants to dump him for me, but he's a mate. Etc etc.

el punal

Jesus everyone! Thanks for the f***ing sympathy. Not only do I feel shit health wise, doubly so because I couldn't make my big away trip of the year, and now you're putting the boot in regarding my attitude and the whether the missus was up to a bit of northern hanky panky. Mind you I should have known better - never share your worries on NSC and never ask for advice, you'll get answers but not the ones you want!

A plague of boils on all of you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here