Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is it time Knockaert had a rest and lua lua brought back

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
Is it time Knockaert had a rest and lua lua brought back in the side ,to keep him fully fit ,Knockaert has been off form for the last couple of games lets see kaz on the bench tomorrow your thoughts ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Is it time Knockaert had a rest and lua lua brought back in the side ,to keep him fully fit ,Knockaert has been off form for the last couple of games lets see kaz on the bench tomorrow your thoughts ?

I would stick with Knocky, Leicester fans warned us that he would excite and frustrate us.
If he kept the form he showed in his first three games for us, he would be playing for a top six Premier League side.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't drop Knocky. I would have Lua Lua on the bench though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
LuaLua doesn't have the footballing brain that Knockaert has. He has pace and good feet, but doesn't always make the right decisions. His biggest asset is winning free kicks in good areas.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
KLL and Knockhaert play on different wings. You would have to drop Murphy to allow KLL back into the team, and I would not do that.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
KLL on the bench is a defo for me but you cannot change our wingers at the moment. Watch Knocky tomorrow... he'll skin them

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'd swap Skalak for Lua Lua in the squad, you've got to go with your best players at this crucial stage and Skalak is not the finished article. No way would i leave Knockaert out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The same Knockaert who set up the third goal against Leeds? That one?

He was marked out of that game admittedly but they had to use three to do it which created the space for Murphy, Hemed and Baldock. And he still got an assist.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
KLL is just brilliant to bring on as sub and get the crowd buzzing, gets the opposition worried even before he starts

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have to play our best players in important games (from the start) and Lualua is streets ahead of Knockaert in technique, acceleration, shooting power with both feet (intsead of just the left), change of direction and in the important skills. Neither of them run into space very well and even in tackling back Jamie Murphy is preferred.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The same Knockaert who set up the third goal against Leeds? That one?

He was marked out of that game admittedly but they had to use three to do it which created the space for Murphy, Hemed and Baldock. And he still got an assist.

And the same Knockaert who split the Preston defence apart for Murphy's offside attempt on Saturday, only to be foiled by the only linesman (assistant referee) in the league who HAD been to Specsavers!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't get why people keep thinking Lua Lua is the answer to everything. He simply isn't, and he's never proven himself to be, aside from the odd small run of games here and there. He's a flair player who can create chances and score the odd goal, but he's never done it consistently or over a prolonged period of time and he hasn't developed his all round game enough to be defensively effective in the formation we currently play. People want him in the side based on 6/7 games at the start of this season - that isn't enough to warrant getting your place straight back over players who are playing consistently in a winning side.

As for Knockaert, the job he and Murphy do in our side is the most difficult in the team. They're required to be both effective defensively, to be a goal threat on the counter, to carry the ball great distances up the pitch to relieve pressure on our defence, to tuck in and make us difficult to break down in central areas, and to offer width where appropriate - and they do all this from starting positions that are often very deep compared to a lot of modern wide men, because of the defensive responsibility that CH gives them. The fact that they have to do so many different things in every single game makes it difficult for both to consistently shine, but they balance one another out so well that I'd be loath to drop either at present.

Dropping either of them for a less rounded player in KLL would be to overlook the multi-faceted role they do - football isn't all about sexy step overs and long range shots.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here