Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff wed

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
ha ha had to laugh at this...they are probably the most deluded fans in the country! What excuse will they give if we beat them...

In all seriousness, we're battling a circle of around 7 or 8 bent officials.

If we weren't, we'd be battling the likes of Burnley, Hull and Boro'.

As it is now, due to fairly well hidden and disguised corruption throughout the game, we're in a small league of our own against Ipswich / Brum and Cardiff for the 6th place play-off spot.

Oh, just for the record, I used to be a referee.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I always had respect for Sheffield Wednesday fans, because all the ones I met on the way home from Highbury in 1983 were pure class.
They shamed me because no way would I have been so magnanimous had we lost.
I've never forgotten that.

Sadly, in more recent times, the internet gets to show up the neanderthal side of their support.
Let's be fair does anyone think that northstandchat gives an accurate impression of the average Albion fan? no of course not.

But even allowing for the "hide behind the laptop" factor, The Owls you hear from these days do seem to be suffering from Leeds Syndrome. Perhaps its a Yorkshire thing?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I always had respect for Sheffield Wednesday fans, because all the ones I met on the way home from Highbury in 1983 were pure class.

Sadly, in more recent times, the internet gets to show up the neanderthal side of their support.
Let's be fair does anyone think that northstandchat gives an accurate impression of the average Albion fan? no of course not.

But even allowing for the "hide behind the laptop" factor, The Owls you hear from these days do seem to be suffering from Leeds Syndrome. Perhaps its a Yorkshire thing?

The wednesday fans I and my mates encountered after the semi were far from magnanimous. Yes it is a yorkshire thing. Big club syndrome too.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008

Pure class ... really ?

As a 12 year old boy I have memories of being spat at through the Highbury terracing, by some rather delightful Wednesday knuckle-draggers.

T*ss-pots !

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
If anybody beats the present three teams at the top of our league into the Premiership my money will be on Sheffield Wednesday

If we beat Wednesday, they will be 12 points behind us with 10 games left, and will possibly have dropped out of the play-off places.
Why are you so sure that they will be the team to take one of the promotion spots?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Sheffield Wednesday though

image.jpeg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Pure class ... really ?

As a 12 year old boy I have memories of being spat at through the Highbury terracing, by some rather delightful Wednesday knuckle-draggers.

T*ss-pots !

Sorry to hear that. I must have been very lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here