Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off topic (help required)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Please bin to other stuff after....can a pregnant lady have COVONIA cough mixture...? 19 weeks normal ,tickly dry cough,tight chest (non smoker).no other symptoms 1417436629-40877300.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Do you not have google?

Pregnancy and breastfeeding

Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.

This medicine should only be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding if considered essential by your doctor. Seek medical advice from your doctor.

can a pregnant lady have COVONIA cough mixture

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do you not have google?

Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.

This medicine should only be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding if considered essential by your doctor. Seek medical advice from your doctor.

Thanks.....good lady wants me to phone right now NHS direct....and i am a typical male...besides i normally pronounce myself dead if i google any health related issues.....but that's helpfull..

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do you not have google?

That's the advice for a different cough medicine. The advice for the one he's pictured says it's ok...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's the advice for a different cough medicine. The advice for the one he's pictured says it's ok...

its the one we have,doctors not available....20 mins wait on phone,i said i throw it at NSC......she replies =what do a load of old blokes know? i said we have women on our forum...

personally i don't see any harm...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm a Nursey this is the advice that is given to women who are pregnant with THIS particular Linctus.
Normally ok, but every individual woman has different possible pregnancy problems.
You should ALWAYS ask your GP what is best suited to you.
Do not take any chances with ANY medication ok.

Please bin to other stuff after....can a pregnant lady have COVONIA cough mixture...? 19 weeks normal ,tickly dry cough,tight chest (non smoker).no other symptomsView attachment 72852

There should be a "fixaform" patient information leaflet incorporated into the label on the reverse of the bottle.
Under the section headed: "Pregnant or breastfeeding" it states "Ask you doctor or pharmacist for advice before using if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding"

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thanks for all the replies....in the end we decided to continue with honey and lemon...

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
My wife is also pregnant, 23 weeks, and have a cough a few weeks back. Pharmacist said all cough mixtures are a waste of money as they don't do anything and are purely psychological. We were advised to use a glycerin based product.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A pedant might ask:-

Is it possible to start a thread that's 'off topic' in a forum that has no structure or topic separation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here