Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley v Blackburn

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Burnley 1-0 up from a pen, but Blackburn seem to be playing the better of the two sides for me.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The ref has given everything to Burnley. He probably got their penalty right but Blackburn should have had one when Akpan was pushed over.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Blackburn still in it. Was a silly challenge to make in giving away the pen. Blackburn could of had a pen of their own but tbh it would have been soft

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Blackburn look pretty decent today. Definite penalty for Burnley but Heaton made a couple of good saves and the ref has given Blackburn nothing. Marshall should have had a free kick right on the edge and there was a decent shout for a blackburn penalty although it was a a little soft but they have been given

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know Burnley isn't very far from Preston, but did Stockdale really have to warm up for our game by playing in goal for Blackburn. #doppelganger

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I predicted a draw for this. Burnley certainly look a bit inferior to Boro seen last night.

A win for Burnley and my prediction sees them coming ahead of the Albion in third.

Not impressed by Marshall. Impressed with Stephen Ward.

Of the top four top clubs, I think Heaton is the best keeper.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959178/Live

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Blackburn deserve more out of the game. Heaton's had to make a couple of very good saves. Ref is a bit of a homer. Burnley haven't created much at all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Weather looks horrid for the big match down the road.

Some players stand out, Spurr because of his long throw, Vokes cause he is quite a good defender, Marshall cause he is very right footed, Stephen Ward cause he is having an easy game, Graham cause he is a prima-donna, Lowton cause he is not as good as Trippier.

Burnley competing well in the air with Blackburn the best aerial team in the Championship.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Double **** it. Not only have Burnely won, but it straight away screws up this weeks pub syndicate both teams to score accy before the 3 o'clock kicks offs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another win for Burnley. I think that's their 7th penalty. They've got 3 points from a spot kick today. I wonder how many of the possible 21 points won from penalties (as winning goals) they've achieved?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another win for Burnley. I think that's their 7th penalty. They've got 3 points from a spot kick today. I wonder how many of the possible 21 points won from penalties (as winning goals) they've achieved?

Less than bloody B'muff last season I'd wager.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Blackburn still in it. Was a silly challenge to make in giving away the pen. Blackburn could of had a pen of their own but tbh it would have been soft

But he wasn't really making a challenge, he saw a loose ball, swung a foot at it to clear it, and the burnley player stuck a foot in front of him to take the hit an win his team a penalty.

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
But he wasn't really making a challenge, he saw a loose ball, swung a foot at it to clear it, and the burnley player stuck a foot in front of him to take the hit an win his team a penalty.

Exactly what I saw. No pen at all. Zero intention to foul. Duffy went 100% to welly the ball out of play and Boyd threw his leg in front of his kicking foot from the blind side.

Shocking homer ref

Jan 10, 2014
No pen at all. Zero intention to foul.

There doesn't have to be an intention to foul.

Duffy hasn't done anything wrong in terms of doing his job but Boyd nips in and gets the ball and Duffy unintentionally kicks the back of his leg, which is a foul.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I've only seen the Clarets a few times this season and I think I've made this point on another thread which reviewed one of our games so forgive me for repeating myself.

We rarely dominate games, we hit on the counter and allow the opposition plenty of possession. The reverse fixture saw Blackburn miss a few good chances before we scored, the easy way to misread this is that we aren't a good side and don't play football. In fact we play some good stuff in places but do mix it around, especially given the combo we have upfront (and the fact that most teams play 5 in midfield).

As for the penalty, it's always very interesting to see how neutral fans view these. I agree that it wasn't intentional (which as one poster above has pointed out, doesn't make any difference) but the player swung out and Boyd got it there before him. I'm fairly confident had this happened to an Albion player this weekend and the penalty not given there'd be a few threads asking why not.

We're a very workmanlike team, hard to break down and quick to move the ball (Heaton recycles it very quickly). Though we've got the points Boro and Hull look the favourites to go up, our biggest concern is what happens if Gray gets injured. Boro can afford to field Rhodes who isn't scoring but will come good at some point and still pick up points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here