Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question for Apple gurus reference wifi

0 Not allowed!
    Morning....

Here is a problem I cant fix...( normally I'm quite good) I have just bought a new wifi extender (N) I can connect my laptop and my iphone 4gs and mt wifes iphone 5,
    BUT it will not connect to the ipad telling me PASSWORD INCORRECT,

I know its the correct password

I have reset the network settings, hard reset the ipad but nothing.

Any ideas and yes before the wise brigade wake up i have turned it off and on several times ....

Thanks

UTA
    K55 BHA

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      No experts around today?
      K55 BHA

0 Not allowed!
      There really shouldn't be a problem, unless your iPad has a fault with the wireless.
      Quote Originally Posted by Seaside Eagle
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They're not great. But you don't need to be particularly great to get into the top 6. The only decent teams are in the top 4.

1 Not allowed!
      Is it case sensitive?
      What?
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      call me sad old fashioned,call me out of touch,call me bob harry sue or claire it matters not,in fact i insist,but.............i still have a 2011 blackberry and i love it......i'm no sheep and i don't care for apps,saps or apple carts.....who cares if a small apple became a glowing empire,who cares if those that failed to see the future did not bank there blackberry shares in 2007 and are now worth less.....i don't....................daugh ter loves apple,wifey loves samsung.......me? i hear you ask? bold,blackberry bold......i would have gone for a classic but why bother.....long story short......(that is all) tnx...
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      go on settings and re set ipad....or bin it
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is it case sensitive?
      That reminds me of my first ISP many, many years ago. I had a problem logging on, so called their 'help' line.

An elderly lady answered and when i explained that I couldn't log on she asked me to hold for a moment. Cue 2 minutes of rustling papers on the other end of the line, after which she obviously found her support sheets and slowly read to me 'Do you have caps lock on ?'

When I told her I didn't, she took my number and told me someone would have to call back
      sleeper cell

0 Not allowed!
      Had a similar problem with my sons ipad which was only a few months old. After lots of head scratching and testing I finally discovered that it wouldn't connect to any 5g wireless connections and would only connect to 2g, every other device in the household including 2 other ipads had no problem connecting to 5g or 2g and it only came to notice when I replaced my router which broadcast both standards. The same error occurred that you have with the message, 'wrong password' coming up every time. Strangely it would connect if the ipad was literally on top of the router. I suspect you have a similar issue, try putting the ipad as close to your wifi extender as possible and check whether it is 5g or 2g. I ended up taking it to the Apple store who tried to fob me off with their usual technobabble delivered by some smug bearded hipster type festooned with card passes and ID cards all around his neck! Took their crap advice and returned home to find the fault still persisted and went back to Apple who to their credit simply replaced it one for one. Its a known fault which you can find some reference to online.

0 Not allowed!
      So the wireless network hasn't changed name? Check in the settings that you are trying to connect to the correct network. I would try and connect to another one and then back to yours. Sometimes it will give it the kick to work again. It seems very odd to me
      -- he shot, he scored, his mental age is 4...--

0 Not allowed!
      I bought a Netgear's AC750, with 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands. My Hudl works perfectly on 5 ghz, but 2.4 kept dropping. Some devices (phone, netbook, laptop) don't recognise the 5 ghz band at all, and some don't recognise the admin web page. Gave up on the 2.4 ghz band. It's all very hit-and-miss.
      Nobody wins unless everybody wins.