Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think No 8 is questionable (have Amex attendances been lower when we are on telly to which our CEO replied no). Monday looked very sparse. Of course he has the numbers which are not published.
    Unfortunately the attendance figure relates to tickets sold, including season tickets of course. If clubs had to announce the number of people through the gates on such occasions I think there would be a difference of several thousand.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      On this occasion, watching people trying to stick up for Barber is like watching people doing the same for Cameron and his EU reform.
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Overall PB is an asset to our club, on this topic he should have taken far longer to think through his answers, sought advice from others, or better still not taken the post with the League. He comes across as total capitalist, which if you are a Tory MP is expected, but as the operational head of a COMMUNITY football club is thoughtless to say the least.
      Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!

0 Not allowed!
      SKY pay top dollar for the BEST games in whatever League they cover so if you're top or challenging you're going to be on the TV more than a team stuck in mid table mediocrity, always been that way so why the moaning I don't know.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      SKY pay top dollar for the BEST games in whatever League they cover so if you're top or challenging you're going to be on the TV more than a team stuck in mid table mediocrity, always been that way so why the moaning I don't know.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sidcup Seagull View Post
      Unfortunately the attendance figure relates to tickets sold, including season tickets of course. If clubs had to announce the number of people through the gates on such occasions I think there would be a difference of several thousand.
      Why do you say unfortunately? Tickets sold is tickets sold. If they don't subsequently turn up so what? I really don't get this obsession with pretendance. I seriously considered buying a season ticket as a pensioner but also an ex-pat. The price is something I would hardly miss and would probably turn up 2 or 3 times a year. I figured I would be helping my club and saying thank you to Tony Bloom .
      Like I said, I don't get it.

Barber on TV Deal.

0 Not allowed!
      Paul Barber: good businessman, human being.
      Last edited by El Presidente; 05-03-2016 at 20:15.
      BN3 7DE

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Javeaseagull View Post
      Why do you say unfortunately? Tickets sold is tickets sold. If they don't subsequently turn up so what? I really don't get this obsession with pretendance. I seriously considered buying a season ticket as a pensioner but also an ex-pat. The price is something I would hardly miss and would probably turn up 2 or 3 times a year. I figured I would be helping my club and saying thank you to Tony Bloom .
      Because I don't see the point in clubs reading out the attendance figure if it is miles off the number of people in the stadium. The club knows their revenue from ticket sales - I am interested in how many people are there.

It would also allow us to roughly calculate how much the club has 'made' from being on TV. If there are 6 or 7 thousand fewer people in the stadium, one would imagine that revenues would be down by £60-70k based on an average £10 per fan. Leeds obviously believe they are losing out from being on TV so much.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Javeaseagull View Post
      It's quite easy to get.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Itd take quite a spend per missing fan to gain the club £10 per head