Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 122

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Members bn1&bn3 Albion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hove
    Posts
    5,529

    Barber on TV Deal.


    0 Not allowed!
    On occasions, live TV selections may be declined for operational, policing or fixture timing reasons but this is rare - and has to be done so with good and justifiable reasons. Clubs recognise that the League has contractual obligations to fulfil and that in doing so, clubs receive significant direct and indirect financial and non-financial benefits.
    http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/artic...l-2988970.aspx
  2. #2
    Members Steve in Japan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East of Eastbourne
    Posts
    2,903


    0 Not allowed!
    I think No 8 is questionable (have Amex attendances been lower when we are on telly to which our CEO replied no). Monday looked very sparse. Of course he has the numbers which are not published.
  3. #3

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think No 8 is questionable (have Amex attendances been lower when we are on telly to which our CEO replied no). Monday looked very sparse. Of course he has the numbers which are not published.
    Unfortunately the attendance figure relates to tickets sold, including season tickets of course. If clubs had to announce the number of people through the gates on such occasions I think there would be a difference of several thousand.
  4. #4

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidcup Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately the attendance figure relates to tickets sold, including season tickets of course. If clubs had to announce the number of people through the gates on such occasions I think there would be a difference of several thousand.
    Why do you say unfortunately? Tickets sold is tickets sold. If they don't subsequently turn up so what? I really don't get this obsession with pretendance. I seriously considered buying a season ticket as a pensioner but also an ex-pat. The price is something I would hardly miss and would probably turn up 2 or 3 times a year. I figured I would be helping my club and saying thank you to Tony Bloom .
    Like I said, I don't get it.
  5. #5

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Javeaseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you say unfortunately? Tickets sold is tickets sold. If they don't subsequently turn up so what? I really don't get this obsession with pretendance. I seriously considered buying a season ticket as a pensioner but also an ex-pat. The price is something I would hardly miss and would probably turn up 2 or 3 times a year. I figured I would be helping my club and saying thank you to Tony Bloom .
    Like I said, I don't get it.
    Because I don't see the point in clubs reading out the attendance figure if it is miles off the number of people in the stadium. The club knows their revenue from ticket sales - I am interested in how many people are there.

    It would also allow us to roughly calculate how much the club has 'made' from being on TV. If there are 6 or 7 thousand fewer people in the stadium, one would imagine that revenues would be down by £60-70k based on an average £10 per fan. Leeds obviously believe they are losing out from being on TV so much.
  6. #6

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidcup Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because I don't see the point in clubs reading out the attendance figure if it is miles off the number of people in the stadium. The club knows their revenue from ticket sales - I am interested in how many people are there.

    It would also allow us to roughly calculate how much the club has 'made' from being on TV. If there are 6 or 7 thousand fewer people in the stadium, one would imagine that revenues would be down by £60-70k based on an average £10 per fan. Leeds obviously believe they are losing out from being on TV so much.
    OK I see your point but it seems to me that you have a problem with the announcement of the attendance based on tickets sold and the club thanking you for attending.
    I recall an Easter Weekend fixture when we were rammed into the East Stand and the announcer said the attendance was 22,000 or something equally silly. This was back in the 70's and cash on the gate. The ground capacity was about 33,000 at that time and there was no way any more could have got in.
    I repeat Herr Tubthumper, I don't get it. I have had a drink but what am I missing?
  7. #7
    Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Fatherland
    Posts
    48,590


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Javeaseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you say unfortunately? Tickets sold is tickets sold. If they don't subsequently turn up so what? I really don't get this obsession with pretendance. I seriously considered buying a season ticket as a pensioner but also an ex-pat. The price is something I would hardly miss and would probably turn up 2 or 3 times a year. I figured I would be helping my club and saying thank you to Tony Bloom .
    Like I said, I don't get it.
    It's quite easy to get.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
  8. #8

    0 Not allowed!
    In answer to Q3 Paul says this

    "However, competing clubs will always be consulted on a particular selection and, as part of the discussions that take place, we do consider the likely impact on travel arrangements for supporters should there be a change of date or time.

    Unfortunately, however, transport timetables, roadworks, and individual circumstances are of course totally outside of the club's control and we know it's virtually impossible to please everyone with every selection that's made."


    Which in the case of the Forest game clearly appears to be not true at all. If the likely impact on travel arrangements had been considered then surely they would have said somethng about it. As a result the Albion will have far fewer fans at The City Ground than on the saturday.

    I suspect that now we are on the run-in Sky just get what they want and there is no consideration given to fans at all. Or clubs just automatically go along with the selection as they want to keep Sky sweet.
  9. #9
    Members Quinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hastings
    Posts
    3,033


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotchilidog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In answer to Q3 Paul says this

    "However, competing clubs will always be consulted on a particular selection and, as part of the discussions that take place, we do consider the likely impact on travel arrangements for supporters should there be a change of date or time.

    Unfortunately, however, transport timetables, roadworks, and individual circumstances are of course totally outside of the club's control and we know it's virtually impossible to please everyone with every selection that's made."


    Which in the case of the Forest game clearly appears to be not true at all. If the likely impact on travel arrangements had been considered then surely they would have said somethng about it. As a result the Albion will have far fewer fans at The City Ground than on the saturday.

    I suspect that now we are on the run-in Sky just get what they want and there is no consideration given to fans at all. Or clubs just automatically go along with the selection as they want to keep Sky sweet.
    You couldn't even get to Burnley this season in time for kick off by train. Not much consideration given there.
  10. #10

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinney View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You couldn't even get to Burnley this season in time for kick off by train. Not much consideration given there.
    Another game I WOULD have gone to on a saturday, but couldn't because of the rearrangement.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •