Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Preston

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So i'm guessing two changes only for tomorrow.
Bong must be a likely replacement for Calde on the bench and this is a bit of a punt . but KLL in for Skalak (assuming he's fit).
Can't see anything other than an unchanged first 11 after 2 x 4-0 wins.

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Hemed
Baldock

Substitutes
Mäenpää
Greer
Bong
Wilson
Zamora
Sidwell
Lua Lua

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Baldock
Hemed

Subs:
Mäenpää
Greer
Bong
Sidwell
LuaLua
Skalak
Zamora

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Bong, Greer, Sidwell, KLL, Wilson, Zamora

Last edited:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Baldock
Hemed

Subs:
Mäenpää
Greer
Bong
Sidwell
LuaLua
Skalak
Zamora

Agree with this. I think Bong is expected to replace Calde on the bench, and I think Wilson will miss out to make space for Lua Lua.

Wilson still doesn't look right and isn't playing to his best. Although Skalak missed that sitter against Leeds, I think Hughton will keep him on the bench to try and give him some more game time, if he can.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Rosenoir
Knockaert Stephens Kayal Murphy
Skalák
Hemed

subs: Mäenpää, Bong, Greer, Lualua, Zamora, Wilson, Crofts​

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Rosenoir
Knockaert Stephens Kayal Murphy
Skalák
Hemed

subs: Mäenpää, Bong, Greer, Lualua, Zamora, Wilson, Crofts​

So you are dropping Baldock from the squad altogether, after scoring / assisting in successive games?

Right you are.

(I'm surprised you haven't got Buckley in their somewhere, tbh)

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Spot on. I would be most surprised if there was more than one change from the starting 11 than this. Other than Bong - this has to be our best 11 (would include Lua Lua if he was in the frame). How can this side lose?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Unchanged starting XI. Bong to replace Calde on the bench. Kaz will displace Skalek if he has done enough in training to merit a bench spot.

I get the feeling this will be the pattern for the run-in, subject to injuries of course.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Unchanged starting XI. Bong to replace Calde on the bench. Kaz will displace Skalek if he has done enough in training to merit a bench spot.

I get the feeling this will be the pattern for the run-in, subject to injuries of course.

Yep and I see no problem with that. In fact thats probably the way forward until we get our arses handed to us on a plate WITH THE SAME TEAM THAT WON TWO GAMES FOUR NIL

Other than that why change it? Other than injuries/suspensions? Now is NOT the time to tinker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't Kaz fit enough for the last game, and simply not picked?

My only change would be Bong for Calde on bench if Bong is back. Skalak's pedigree is higher than Kaz's so I want him to have a fair bit more game time yet. Once he gets a goal I reckon he'll settle down.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Same first eleven as Monday,

please, please, please not one up front, although Preston are doing well we can win this and really challenge for the top two.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So you are dropping Baldock from the squad altogether, after scoring / assisting in successive games?

Right you are.

(I'm surprised you haven't got Buckley in their somewhere, tbh)

We left out Hemed, Murphy and Kayal at Cardiff after scoring in previous fixtures.... That worked out well.....

Anything other than the side that has just won 2 games 4 nil is just madness

Baring injury ofcourse

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Wilson must be sub. Whilst he has not been on top of his game he offers something (speed and going past defenders) that Hemed and Baldock don't have if we find ourselves struggling

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Yes, this.

We do have a good squad now don't we
Yes, yes we do.

Sorry, I meant to say "No, we are bang average". We must be - Sky don't see us as automatic promotion material and nor does anybody on the Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby message boards. We're mid table fodder in a false position.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It's getting to the point now where players will miss out because the strength in depth is stronger than it's been all season. For me it has to be the same 11 as it was on Monday and I would think Bong will make the bench.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's getting to the point now where players will miss out because the strength in depth is stronger than it's been all season. .

Already reached that point. Bong, Lualua, Towell and Crofts were all fit and available on Monday, and failed to make the bench.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Wasn't Kaz fit enough for the last game, and simply not picked?

My only change would be Bong for Calde on bench if Bong is back. Skalak's pedigree is higher than Kaz's so I want him to have a fair bit more game time yet. Once he gets a goal I reckon he'll settle down.

I concur. Based on various reports and his international pedigree, Skalak looks one hell of a player at this level. More game time can only iron out a few creases and accilmitise him to Championship football. I believe he will be a star for the Albion. We know what we get from Lua Lua, up and down like a whore's drawers....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here