Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Lidwell

Apr 10, 2012
Apologies if fixtures, but does anyone know if there any clauses relating to the Ulloa deal? i.e sell on or relating to Leicester's performance in the prem? Would not be surprised if Bloom instigated a corker of a deal.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Apologies if fixtures, but does anyone know if there any clauses relating to the Ulloa deal? i.e sell on or relating to Leicester's performance in the prem? Would not be surprised if Bloom instigated a corker of a deal.

I would be supprised if even someone as astute as the Lizard would have written in a Prem Title bonus into the contract. Lets be honest - who the F would have seen this coming?

A sell on clause would almost certainly be in there though along with a games played / goals scored bonus I reckon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We got a £1m extra when they avoided relegation last season, and will get a further £1m this year too (for staying up!). There is a sell-on, but as that only applies to a % of any PROFIT, is unlikely to come to anything (i.e. Leo is unlikely to move on for north of the total £12m they'll end up paying us).

SAC

May 21, 2014
I can't see any club paying over £12 million for him. £5-6 million would probably see him return after promotion.

I wonder if Leicester would put in a clause for an extra £1 million to avoid relegation.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
These transfer documents are apparently very longwinded and complicated. I can't for the life of me imagine what is in all the fine print, but if there was a clause in Leos contract that said they would pay Brighton extra if they reached european qualification or won the league I am sure they would have signed it without a second thought!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know what the sell on deal was with Almería? Because I am sure they would have had some of the £10m

The only definitive information I have seen from a reliable source was what the Argus reported on January 19 2013, when they said that Albion had restricted Almeria to "a small sell-on fee", "believed to be 5-10%".

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can you imagine if, when we sold him, it had come out that we negotiated a clause whereby we gained funds if Leicester WON the prem. People would have been going MENTAL saying it was a complete waste of time and bargaining chips by our negotiators :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here