Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you aren't going away then?

Jan 10, 2014
I've been reading since about from November from pundits and fans of other clubs that Brighton will fade away.

Well? When are you going to?

I think that it was about around March of our last promotion season that people were starting to say..."Oh, they aren't going to fade".

Teams beginning with the letter B rule (apart from Blackburn).

Two tickets to the Premier Circus please

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That would be nice.

I lost part of the faith around Christmas time, but I believe now - we will finish this season stronger than ever.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Indeed much like yourselves and and B'Muff last year the 'unfancied' side has just kept hanging around. I do remember thinking that Burnley would fade in your successful promotion campaign and yet I was proved wrong by a team that just would not give up. I hope we can confound the sceptics in the same manner.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
My Dad is a Leeds fan, as it's his home town, and he's been saying since August that Brighton won't last the distance. He's sure that we'll fade away and still thinks that we won't make the play-offs. It seems other people don't recognise Brighton as big club in the league with a strong squad and genuine promotion hopes. We don't have many big name, well known players (except Bobby Z) but we have a good, well rounded team.

And yes, I took great pleasure in watching us rip Leeds apart on Monday. Especially as I took my Dad to the game to watch his side get dismantled.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We did fade - with a crippling injury list we just ran out of steam before we could get reinforcements in - but now we're back, and how!

Here's Brighton!.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Teams beginning with the letter B rule (apart from Blackburn).

Two tickets to the Premier Circus please

I know you're being nice and that, but SkyBet have Brighton and Burnley to finish in the top two (either order) at 16/1. That is absurd, considering the Hull/Boro dual forecast is 7/4!

Brighton and Burnley collectively have the same number of points as the other two - admittedly from one fewer game, but we are the form teams in the promotion race!

Source:
https://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship

Jan 10, 2014
More importantly, how's the snow? Will it hit Preston tomorrow?!

It's still snowing here and there's a few inches on the ground. It's supposed to rain later.

I obviously don't know what it's like in Preston but I shouldn't think that the match will be in doubt

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
My Dad is a Leeds fan, as it's his home town, and he's been saying since August that Brighton won't last the distance. He's sure that we'll fade away and still thinks that we won't make the play-offs. It seems other people don't recognise Brighton as big club in the league with a strong squad and genuine promotion hopes. We don't have many big name, well known players (except Bobby Z) but we have a good, well rounded team.

And yes, I took great pleasure in watching us rip Leeds apart on Monday. Especially as I took my Dad to the game to watch his side get dismantled.

We are unfashionable aren't we? I always thinks this works in our favour if I'm honest. People always think we're OK, but never consider us title contenders. I wonder if this means players don't raise their game against us like they might a team who've just come down, or recently enjoyed, Premiership football. I'm not sure, maybe there's nothing to it.

The lack of coverage is always a frustration.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll add that even through that amazing unbeaten run, I said that it would be an amazing achievement to finish in front of three of Derby, Boro, Hull and Burnley and that remains the case today.

To be even in with a shout with just twelve games to go is a fantastic achievement for us, regardless of how it all unfolds.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

No offence but your dad's a bit dim.:thumbsup:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I know you're being nice and that, but SkyBet have Brighton and Burnley to finish in the top two (either order) at 16/1. That is absurd, considering the Hull/Boro dual forecast is 7/4!

Brighton and Burnley collectively have the same number of points as the other two - admittedly from one fewer game, but we are the form teams in the promotion race!

Source:
https://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship

I agree, that is good value. There are 6 combinations of the top 2 from 4. Burnley and Brighton are the form teams. Boro have some key injuries (Ayala; Leadbitter - their key leaders). Watching Hull last night, whilst they have a lot of talented players, I'm not convinced they have the 'bottle', and they continue to struggle to score many.

16-1 is stupid good odds.

PG

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I agree, that is good value. There are 6 combinations of the top 2 from 4. Burnley and Brighton are the form teams. Boro have some key injuries (Ayala; Leadbitter - their key leaders). Watching Hull last night, whilst they have a lot of talented players, I'm not convinced they have the 'bottle', and they continue to struggle to score many.

PG

That is weird, I was thinking this will be the top 2 only 15 minutes ago.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

PG

16-1 for 6-1 odds is damn good actually.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Ditto a very good friend of mine - he spent the last 30 minutes of the first half sitting his arse with his head in his hands. But once he'd recovered after the game he still wittered on about us not making the play-offs.....unbelievable the in-built arrogance of the supporters of some clubs!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
16-1 for 6-1 odds is damn good actually.

Obviously it is only '6-1 odds', if each of these six eventualities has an equal chance of occurring, and if no OTHER possible outcomes exist (Derby at a push, Wednesday at a real stretch).

But yes - I agree that the Brighton / Burnley outcome is over-priced. About 10/1 in reality, I'd suggest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here