Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, Just you then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah - I've just noticed that an ad I've been persuaded to trial has started running now. It's a "visit Yorkshire" type thing and does go full-screen (overlaid on NSC - not a pop-up), but...

1. I've only activated it for guests. If you are logged into NSC you will never see it.
2. It's desktop only - no-one should have it rendered on a phone.
3. Each user will only see it once a day.

So, if you are logged into NSC and are getting a pop-up, it's not something I have implemented.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Ah - I've just noticed that an ad I've been persuaded to trial has started running now. It's a "visit Yorkshire" type thing and does go full-screen (overlaid on NSC - not a pop-up), but...

1. I've only activated it for guests. If you are logged into NSC you will never see it.

So, if you are logged into NSC and are getting a pop-up, it's not something I have implemented.

you are clever.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
you are clever.

Clearly, although I'm not sure this illustrates that.

I've always differentiated between logged-in users and guests. If you are logged in, there are fewer and smaller ads. Guests get more/bigger ads. I've always thought this is a fair compromise: register with NSC and login and you'll get a better experience.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Thanks Bozza, just enjoying a nice cup of tea in Betty's of Harrogate, with a nice slice of toast.
Later visiting the ecce thump cheese shop in Wensleydale :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thanks Bozza, just enjoying a nice cup of tea in Betty's of Harrogate, with a nice slice of toast.
Later visiting the ecce thump cheese shop in Wensleydale :)

I hope you're enjoying a Fat Rascal with that cup of tea. Only sold in Betty's.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have it too massive great adverts covering the whole page and they slide into another one too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have it too massive great adverts covering the whole page and they slide into another one too.

Adverts for what?

If it's the Lake District and Yorkshire etc, then it's impossible for you to get those if you are logged into NSC and, even if you're not, you'll only get it once every 24 hours.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Adverts for what?

If it's the Lake District and Yorkshire etc, then it's impossible for you to get those if you are logged into NSC and, even if you're not, you'll only get it once every 24 hours.

It comes up every single time, just before i log into NSC as I don't stay permanently logged in
This is the second time I've logged in today and its come up right across the screen about Yorkshire.
So I'm afraid its wrong about once every 24 hours it's not, it's everytime just before you log in.
It's not a problem just thought I would let you know that it is def more than once in 24 hours.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It comes up every single time, just before i log into NSC as I don't stay permanently logged in
This is the second time I've logged in today and its come up right across the screen about Yorkshire.
So I'm afraid its wrong about once every 24 hours it's not, it's everytime just before you log in.
It's not a problem just thought I would let you know that it is def more than once in 24 hours.

Gotcha - thanks for that.

The ad will use cookies to determine whether you have seen it or not. If you are doing something funky with cookies, such as always clearing them, then that would explain this. It would also be why you are having to login each time you visit NSC, which you shouldn't need to do.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Gotcha - thanks for that.

The ad will use cookies to determine whether you have seen it or not. If you are doing something funky with cookies, such as always clearing them, then that would explain this. It would also be why you are having to login each time you visit NSC, which you shouldn't need to do.
I'm doing nothing funky with cookies - default firefox installation on mac. I get the ads each time before login and have to login each time. Just fyi :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here