[Football] Promotion Calculator

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Promotion Calculator

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=2

With a home record of W 5 D 1 L 0

beating Sheff Wed, Burnley, Derby and drawing at Boro and we come second behind Boro where we would need a draw and Boro already Champions.

Failure in any of the above four and its the play-offs.

Results away at Birmingham are the dog's chance. But when it came down to it it did not make difference. It is really important that we do not lose to Burnley at home.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
For me the maths are fairly simple even though now everything is even closer between the top 4. I still can't believe that on the evening of the 12th January we were 11 points behind Boro with them still having one game in hand. Big change that in just 8 games.
Well the target for anyone of the four must be 90 points, for Albion that would hopefully be :

Won 25 Drawn 15 Lost 6 = 90 Points

If any of the four make 90 points & miss an automatic place I will now be.totally amazed. For Albion that's another 27 points in the 12 games remaining. DIFFICULT ??? Well we managed 28 points from our first 12 games of this season. So by no means impossible.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Prediction040316.JPG

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For me the maths are fairly simple even though now everything is even closer between the top 4. I still can't believe that on the evening of the 12th January we were 11 points behind Boro with them still having one game in hand. Big change that in just 8 games.
Well the target for anyone of the four must be 90 points, for Albion that would hopefully be :

Won 25 Drawn 15 Lost 6 = 90 Points

If any of the four make 90 points & miss an automatic place I will now be.totally amazed. For Albion that's another 27 points in the 12 games remaining. DIFFICULT ??? Well we managed 28 points from our first 12 games of this season. So by no means impossible.

I'm with you on the 90 points. Crazily tight and impossible to call now. Have the top 4 separated by 2 points going into last day (88-87-87-86)

Thanks for the calculator.

It's difficult enough to correct a result on the Score Predictor, but without my BHA blinkers on my results came out:

1 Hull
2 Middlesbrough
3 Burnley (on goal difference)
4 BHA

But thankfully football teams don't play to form too often!

I also had us finishing on 90 points

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I had us finishing third with 90 points - a point behind Boro and a point ahead of Burnley. It is going to be tight there, can't see any side running away with this

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too early to do predictors for me.

As far as I can see we need 10/12 points before Easter, and then we can see where we'll be with 8 to play.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Our form lately has been excellent, options with the side and bench, and Hull & Boro have faltered lately.A win at Preston is a must as far as i am concerned, sends a message to the Big 3, and then with 3 winnable games before easter break sets us up nicely. Praying for Hull to beat the Gooners as could be decisive in their promotion bid. Would be playing twice a week till the end of the season. On the plus side they have 7 winnable home games and they are strong at home. 10/12 point before Easter a must, and no loss against Burnley. Would be great to be in front of Burnley when they play us, as i expect them to be very cagey. Being in front might change their approach. Boro are definitely faltering at the moment. Signed Rhodes but no real upturn in form. I expected them to get 6 points this week, now anything is possible and they could drop points tonight. Fantastic times.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thanks for the calculator.

It's difficult enough to correct a result on the Score Predictor, but without my BHA blinkers on my results came out:

1 Hull
2 Middlesbrough
3 Burnley (on goal difference)
4 BHA

But thankfully football teams don't play to form too often!

I also had us finishing on 90 points
What are you on about? Us an Burnley are the form teams, ergo we WANT the teams to play to form.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I've said it elsewhere on here Hull will win the league due to having the most comfortable run in. Burnley probably scrape second.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
1 Hull 46 86
2 Brighton 46 86
3 Burnley 46 85
4 Middlesbrough 46 83

That's with us losing at Middlesbrough

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
1 Burnley 46 +39 93
2 Hull 46 +38 92
3 Brighton 46 +28 91
4 Middlesbrough 46 +36 89
5 Sheff Wed 46 +27 81

I hope I am wrong

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I make us 87 pts, and clearly will be let down by inferior goal difference. If, and it's not a huge if, we can gain 1 more point and get 88 I think we'll sneak it!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just done the calulation and mine puts us top by 7 points ..............................but then I might just have been a little optimisic
Burnley second
Hmmmmm! thats just about how I see it anyway but maybe not by so many points
onwards and upwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here