Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Question Time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jermaine Jenas is the token odd ball tonight, could be interesting........

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Jermaine Jenas is the token odd ball tonight, could be interesting........

Unfortunately I don't think he will be, hope to be proved wrong. There must be an Adam Johnson question or will that not be allowed as he has yet to be sentenced?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Unfortunately I don't think he will be, hope to be proved wrong. There must be an Adam Johnson question or will that not be allowed as he has yet to be sentenced?

Jeez.......... very cheap fishing. Love to know what you think the question about Johnson should be? Not defending him but asking YOU.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I wasn't fishing at all. I think it will be something about role models and modern times. I remember Bill Wyman on Wogan with Mandy Smith in the 80's and no one batted an eyelid. Something about internet grooming? I don't know but it seems like a good idea to ask a question to a footballer when another footballer is headline news

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I wasn't fishing at all. I think it will be something about role models and modern times. I remember Bill Wyman on Wogan with Mandy Smith in the 80's and no one batted an eyelid. Something about internet grooming? I don't know but it seems like a good idea to ask a question to a footballer when another footballer is headline news

Funny that, I thought it was a political program not a law and order program. The main issues are far more important than a kiddy fiddler footballer.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Funny that, I thought it was a political program not a law and order program. The main issues are far more important than a kiddy fiddler footballer.

If its a political programme why have they a footballer on? I think its a programme about politics and the issues of the day. Johnson has been headline news, fact

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
n1 on reflection it is called 'question Time'.

Edit: Johnson may be headline news but way down my list of important issues.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought he came across well for a footballer!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought he came across well for a footballer!

Really ? I thought he was floundering, totally out of his depth on most things, which is why he kept trying to shoe-horn in his ill-fitting football analogies to make his point.

Quite how he managed to draw a comparison between the EU referendum and Wayne Rooney's agents contract negotiations is anyones guess, I'm still trying to get my head round that one. Then on the rugby tackling in schools thing, apparently thats like banning shooting (which initially confused everyone, until he clarified he meant shooting in football). He then meandered down a blind alley of "off-the-top-of-me-head" stuff about tag-tackling, then wearing american football style armour that gradually reduces as you get older "until you reach the professional level"...wtf ?

It was carcrash TV. Someone needed to toss him a rubber ring. Nice enough lad, but stick to MOTD Jermain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You want the truth?

Had a row with the Mrs!

May I recommend my "what to do when you've been a bit of a knob with the missus" thread?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Really ? I thought he was floundering, totally out of his depth on most things, which is why he kept trying to shoe-horn in his ill-fitting football analogies to make his point.

Quite how he managed to draw a comparison between the EU referendum and Wayne Rooney's agents contract negotiations is anyones guess, I'm still trying to get my head round that one. Then on the rugby tackling in schools thing, apparently thats like banning shooting (which initially confused everyone, until he clarified he meant shooting in football). He then meandered down a blind alley of "off-the-top-of-me-head" stuff about tag-tackling, then wearing american football style armour that gradually reduces as you get older "until you reach the professional level"...wtf ?

It was carcrash TV. Someone needed to toss him a rubber ring. Nice enough lad, but stick to MOTD Jermain.
Yeah coz the politicians make loads of sense don't they..

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

I actually thought Joey Barton did a better job.... though it was a close call....I think he works well on MOTD, but heaven knows who persuaded him to do QT, bad decision.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Have to agree. DD went pretty light on him compared to the usual, there were some strange arguments he tried to put across

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I actually thought Joey Barton did a better job.... though it was a close call....I think he works well on MOTD, but heaven knows who persuaded him to do QT, bad decision.

The BBC, paternalistic liberal organisation that it is, is on an endless quest to promote articulate "BME" voices. Oddly they had one in Liam Rosenior's dad but they gave him a free transfer.

D

Deleted member 22389

Like actors, footballers should stay away from politics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here