Thread: World Book Day?

Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

World Book Day?

1 Not allowed!
    So I'm walking to work this morning and wondering if I'd managed to somehow slip into a coma for a few months.

It must be May 4th I kept thinking, it just must be. In 15 minutes I'd seen 4 Storm Troopers, one Darth Vader, a Princess Leia and a Wookie.

Turns out it's actually World Book Day according to a few of the Mum's in the office and Kiddy's have been encouraged to go into school dressed as a Literary Character, I doubt any of them have ever read the Books though.

Anyone else see any strange shit on the way to work?
    I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hillian1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So I'm walking to work this morning and wondering if I'd managed to somehow slip into a coma for a few months.

It must be May 4th I kept thinking, it just must be. In 15 minutes I'd seen 4 Storm Troopers, one Darth Vader, a Princess Leia and a Wookie.

Turns out it's actually World Book Day according to a few of the Mum's in the office and Kiddy's have been encouraged to go into school dressed as a Literary Character, I doubt any of them have ever read the Books though.

Anyone else see any strange shit on the way to work?
      Both our kids' schools had World Book Day yesterday so I thought that Brighton celebrated this a day early. My kids went as Katniss Everdeen and Skulduggery Pleasant. I'd like to have seen my son's headmaster though - he was an Oompa Loompa

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Both our kids' schools had World Book Day yesterday so I thought that Brighton celebrated this a day early. My kids went as Katniss Everdeen and Skulduggery Pleasant. I'd like to have seen my son's headmaster though - he was an Oompa Loompa
      Willy Wonka must be laying them off
      'Iím big and Iím loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes itís so difficultÖI..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. Youíre my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. Thatís what I meant.'
      'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

0 Not allowed!
      My other half is a Children's Librarian so I saw her dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz this morning.

Reasonably strange.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports