Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you have back?

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Tedious click-bait article, http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/5-...and-hove-albion-should-re-sign-in-the-summer/
which suggests resigning Buckley, Ulloa, Bridcutt, Noone, Barnes in the summer.

Since we don't know which division we'll be in, that seems a bit premature. However, which ex Albion players (still playing at a high level!) would you have back in the squad now? All very hypothetical of course, so dont worry about who would have to drop out now.

Ulloa is an obvious one. I'd also go for Barnes, Elphick, Cook and maybe Noone and Orlandi. Murray could be handy too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ask [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. He'd welcome them all with open arms.

For me, Barnes please.
My exception to the rule was Stephen Ward.
I held him in such high regard I thought he could even have made Hyypia's tactics look half decent.

Orlandi :lolol::facepalm::lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
vote Barnes and Ulloa. i would like to see Noone back, but currently think he'd just be making up the squad numbers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i would like to see Noone back, but currently think he'd just be making up the squad numbers.
When all fit he would be the squads sixth best winger.

Unless he could play left back the nearest CN should get to regular football in Sussex would be singing for Crawley or Brighton City.

Stumpy Tim

I would have had Buckley back before we signed French Tony, but now we have Tony, KLL, Murphy, March & Rosenior there's no need. Ulloa and Barnes are obvious.

I wonder if we would consider a bid for Ulloa if we did get promoted...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ulloa is 30 and S Ward is 31 next season. Past their peak.

Buckley approaching peak, and I don't think our existing wingers will be quick enough for the Premier League. I think we could use a two footed speed merchant (sprint speed) on the bench right now.

I miss Barnes more for his defending at opposition corners than anything. I'm in favour of the second striker having more finesse.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Ulloa and Barnes.

I honestly think both of them would score a lot with the current style of play we have.

Of the others, Buckley when fit and on form can be unplayable. Unfortunately his consistency and lack of fitness means he would play less than Vicente.

I also reckon Steve Cook would be a good shout. He'll be playing in the premier league for a few years.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
None of them. MOVE. ON.

Absolutely PERFECT answer. We should be looking to get promoted and if that happens then we should be looking to have our scouting system find little gems like Payet, like Mahrez, like Arnoutovic. We shouldn't even be even considering players, like the ones mentioned if you want to progress and go places. I can assure you the Manager won't be looking at any of them if we go up

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely PERFECT answer. We should be looking to get promoted and if that happens then we should be looking to have our scouting system find little gems like Payet, like Mahrez, like Arnoutovic. We shouldn't even be even considering players, like the ones mentioned if you want to progress and go places. I can assure you the Manager won't be looking at any of them if we go up

Good, but that's not what I was suggesting.

"which ex Albion players (still playing at a high level!) would you have back in the squad now? All very hypothetical of course, so dont worry about who would have to drop out now."

To make it easier to understand, suppose you could have a squad of as many players you want, with no transfer fees, no wages, no worries about people getting fed up cos they arent playing etc etc etc, which players would you be happy to see in the squad right now.

There's another thread about who we should keep, drop, look at etc IF we go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here