Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do we need to strengthen next season.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I was going to do this as "what do we need to add to the squad IF we got to the PL" But footballing gods and all that, so make yer cases for going up AND staying down....

My tuppence.....

PL

GK: We're fine. Stocko is PL quality, Maenpaa is a good quality 2nd keeper, and Walton is waiting in the wings.

RB/LB: Calde, sadly, will have had his day. I think Bruno will still have something to offer, but his pace will get caught out. Bong and Rosy are great - we will need another RB and LB...

CB: Goldson/Dunk/Hunemeier all capable of playing in the PL. Greer does add organisational nous, and maybe worth keeping on. I'd want a good experienced centre back to add nous however.

Wingers: I think we are fine on this front. March will become a PL quality player, Knocky is and Lua Lua causes problems. Murphy would be the question mark, but I think his finishing and workrate would see him do well.

CM: Kayal and Stephens are good enough. I'd want one or two CM to come in and challenge. Crofts, I think, is probably too old to keep up with the pace of the PL (coupled with his injury). Not sure Ince or JFC can make the grade here.

CF: Hemed, Baldock can adapt. In need of 2 great players here.

In total: 2 Wing backs, one centre half, 2 centre mids and 2 strikers.

CHAMPIONSHIP.

As above, but Greer and Bruno probably still good here. Would need to make the Sidwell signing permanent for the midfield and presumably 1/2 strikers (unless Bobby can still keep on performing as he is for another season).

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Far too early to answer that question yet - especially as we're not sure which division we'll be playing in, how much money is available and also what players we have at the club will choose to retire.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The in-ground pizzas. They're not a terrible deal for £8 for a 12 incher, but I'd like more variety if I'm honest.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
PLEASE NONE OF THESE THREADS

We have a job to do here and now first

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the spirit of answering the opening poster's question, I think I would firstly draw up a list of our players who would get into a premiership team. The transfer windows tend to be very telling on that point.

I can see kayal, Stephens, possibly goldson being players who would fit into a mid to lower prem team.

I think the issue to stay in the prem, as Burnley found and palace are finding is that you need to spend fairly big on foreign players who can make a difference. It will be interesting, if we ever get to the place before they carve it up and the big teams toddle off on their own superdouper continental league, if the board ( or Tony bloom as it is) will be prepared to pay the sort of wages and transfer fees that premier league clubs pay!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here