Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Look as good as down now. How do you think that they will fare in the Championship?
I would say that their squad looks worse than ours or any of our rivals. They would need to strengthen wisely.
Would any of their players get moves back to the Premier League?

I would suggest that despite having some bad luck that Jores Okore would as he seems a quick/strong CB.
Jordon Amavi will move to a club playing European football, he's very good.
Micah Richards is a strange one. Clearly full of talent but may only get one last chance in the big time to prove it.
I think that Carlos Gil is ok, a bit lightweight and would probably move abroad.
Somebody will probably take a punt on Jack Grealish. Personally wouldn't want him, his attitude is questionable and I rate Solly March as a better prospect.
Rudy Gestede might get a go with a promoted club, but you have to ask why he doesn't start for Villa!?

So for me if we were to go up i'd love Amavi and Okore, but don't think we'd get them. I have a hunch we'd end up with Richards, which I wouldn't be opposed to!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wouldn't be surprised if Villa go down into League 1 as other relegated prem teams have in recent years [Norwich / Southampton / Wolves et al]. Players are not playing for the club and the owner is looking to sell up.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Wouldn't be surprised if Villa go down into League 1 as other relegated prem teams have in recent years [Norwich / Southampton / Wolves et al]. Players are not playing for the club and the owner is looking to sell up.

This. They'll just be passing through...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have said all season I wouldn't take any of their players and many have argued about it but I stand by it, I would not exchange any of our players for any of their gutless cowards.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good bet for relegation next year too

Can't recall a team with so little fight

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Definite potential for a double relegation. If they sack Garde and bring in a manager who has Championship experience and let him rebuild then they might have a chance of stopping the rot.

If they stick with Garde and spunk loads of money on mercenary players they'll be in big trouble.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Strong contenders for relegation again, even if they keep the whole squad together, no passion no spirit no hope.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Been saying for a while that I think they will go straight through to League 1.

I may be proven wrong but it has happened to teams with better quality and team spirit

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rudy Gestede will be a HUGE asset to them in the Champ if they keep him.

They must have some SERIOUS wages going on with Lescott, Richards, Hutton and Sinclair so would be interesting to see what they do there.

Binning them, letting the likes of Grealish, Clark, Gill, Amavi, Bacuna, Okore and Westwood be the heart of the team with a few talents like Gustede should see them with a good squad for this division.

That, plus a rejuvinted Villa support ( a set of fans who've seen so little excitement over the last 3 years that actually being relegated and winning games again may draw them all back) could see them really be quite strong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I think Rudy Gestede is an average Championship striker and no better than that. He lumbers around fairly slowly, and his runs aren't very clever. He can finish though.

Villa will need a clear out though. Remi Garde hasn't been all that different from Sherwood, but I do feel that binning him off before a summer window would be a poor move. He may not be able to motivate this lot, but then Sherwood couldn't either and they were his players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That squad is so bang average it will struggle BIG time in the Championship. Most of their players are just not cut out for the hustle and bustle they'd get in a 46-game season in this division, where they will be considered a big scalp by everyone. I don't think they'll have the heart for the battle and can very much see them at the arse end of this league very quickly. Even though they'll have parachute payments, you've got an owner there who just wants out, and does not want to invest in the squad.

Its incredible how such a proud, illustrious club with a rich history, great stadium and huge fanbase has been allowed to decline so massively. Randy Lerner has absolutely destroyed that club.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Jordan Ayew is their most talented player by a country mile. Slightly baffled that he hasn't been mentioned in this thread once.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Jordan Ayew is their most talented player by a country mile. Slightly baffled that he hasn't been mentioned in this thread once.
I meant to mention him. A lot of talk he will end up at Swansea with his brother (who is a far better player.)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Piss poor squad and they'll defo struggle next season...Can't remember the last time they got less than 30k like in the week.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They will be the new darlings of Sky in the Championship with all their games against Midland rivals being shown live regardless of where they are in the league.

If they get rid of the high earners and deadwood they could surprise some by being top 6, as I assume they will be desperate to get straight back up, if they don't it could be the slippery slope to financial ruin and relegation as a cheaper cloth is cut

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
For some stupid reason, I've still got in my wallet the match ticket for the cup game against Villa when we lost 3-2 (23/01/2010). God knows how and why the ticket still gets carried everywhere with me, but now when I look at it, all it makes me think is how times have changed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here