Oct 25, 2003
Vicente
D.O.B: 16.7.81
Nationality:Spanish (38 caps, 3 goals)
Albion Career: 32 apps, 5 goals. 2011-13
Position:Midfielder
vicente_1468877a.jpg
FLAIRtributes: immensely skillful, mythical status, transfer saga, he's Vicente
Progress thus far: 1st in Group 3 (107 votes- 73.29%)
Second Round: Defeated Rod Thomas & Jonny Dixon 43-1-1

vs

Paddy McCourt
D.O.B: 16.12.83
Nationality: Northern Irish (18 caps, 2 goals)
Albion Career: 10 apps. 2014-2015
Position: Midfielder?
mccourt-l229-2002049_478x359.jpg
FLAIRtributes: played like a drunk sunday league footballer, no positional sense or end product whatsoever
Progress thus far: 2nd in Group 4 (18 votes- 17.14%)
Second Round: Defeated Colin Hawkins 74-17

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its not flair just being a pisshead is it ?

On top of that voting against Vicente just makes me feel bad..

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Easiest one of the lot.

I think that Paddy was loved by some and may get a couple of votes but to me he was just an average player that did little other than look homeless

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow. Wow wow WOW.

This IS a real tough one for me. I mean I'm TOTALLY Team Pad for this contest but I really hurts to vote against Vicente.

But, at the end of the day, this is all about flair. It's about LUXERY players who may not contribute all that much but have a LOVELY OLD TIME in the process of their inability.

For me, Paddy is the ultimate flair talent. Vicente was PHENOMENAL and the best Albion player I will probably ever see. Sheer CLASS.

But Paddy. Well, what can you say. He was a tramp who's phone would buzz at 2.30pm with the message "Amex, NOW, bring ya boots". From that point he would swig his last bit of Captain Morgans, throw up on his shoes and then set off attempting to hitchhike to the ground. Staggering in at 3.15, the GAFFER would give him the death stare.....simply met with a retort of "feck off you feckin eejit" from Paddy. One more CHUNDER on the bench and he's ready to go.

And my god, when he GOES he GOES. Like a 7 year old in the playground, Paddy finds the ball at his feet and despite weeks of Team shape, passing triangles and third-man-running, Paddy decides "feck it" and RUNS with the ball as if his boots are made of Velcro. Ignoring ALL sensible options to pass to his screaming team mates.

And then, the game is done, he picks up his pay check, buys another Captain Morgans, loses the rest on the dogs and waits for the next call.*

What a hero.

*These may not be entirely accurate facts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sad that this is the end of the line for Paddy. Could've gone further given an easier tie.

Oct 25, 2003
Wow. Wow wow WOW.

This IS a real tough one for me. I mean I'm TOTALLY Team Pad for this contest but I really hurts to vote against Vicente.

But, at the end of the day, this is all about flair. It's about LUXERY players who may not contribute all that much but have a LOVELY OLD TIME in the process of their inability.

For me, Paddy is the ultimate flair talent. Vicente was PHENOMENAL and the best Albion player I will probably ever see. Sheer CLASS.

But Paddy. Well, what can you say. He was a tramp who's phone would buzz at 2.30pm with the message "Amex, NOW, bring ya boots". From that point he would swig his last bit of Captain Morgans, throw up on his shoes and then set off attempting to hitchhike to the ground. Staggering in at 3.15, the GAFFER would give him the death stare.....simply met with a retort of "feck off you feckin eejit" from Paddy. One more CHUNDER on the bench and he's ready to go.

And my god, when he GOES he GOES. Like a 7 year old in the playground, Paddy finds the ball at his feet and despite weeks of Team shape, passing triangles and third-man-running, Paddy decides "feck it" and RUNS with the ball as if his boots are made of Velcro. Ignoring ALL sensible options to pass to his screaming team mates.

And then, the game is done, he picks up his pay check, buys another Captain Morgans, loses the rest on the dogs and waits for the next call.*

What a hero.

*These may not be entirely accurate facts.

this sums up paddy expertly for me....there was something about his play that said to me "I could probably do that". I'm sure we've all played with that kid at school who played like paddy (he was probably foreign)- ran around like an absolute headless chicken with very little idea of what was going on- BRILLIANT at 5-a-side but put him on a big pitch and he was lost. This was Paddy....he had dribbling skills way beyond what you'd expect from someone who's had his career but could he pass? nope. could he shoot? nope. could he cross? nope. did he have any awareness of what position he was supposed to be playing in? nope. did he ever listen to a team talk? probably not? This is why I love him, he was a throwback player to a time where men were men and footballers were paid in lumps of coal. He transcended the professional and amateur game. The way he played made me wish so much that he had an end product....each aimless solo run made me jumping for joy, hoping for him to absolutely smash it in or realise he had team mates that he could pass to...but alas he'd just get tackled or his shot would trickle limply into the arms of the keeper or miles over the bar. He played like a fan who'd won a competition to play with a professional team for a game and he was just going to go out there and have loads of fun.

Paddy McCourt- the ROMANTICS choice

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
this sums up paddy expertly for me....there was something about his play that said to me "I could probably do that". I'm sure we've all played with that kid at school who played like paddy (he was probably foreign)- ran around like an absolute headless chicken with very little idea of what was going on- BRILLIANT at 5-a-side but put him on a big pitch and he was lost. This was Paddy....he had dribbling skills way beyond what you'd expect from someone who's had his career but could he pass? nope. could he shoot? nope. could he cross? nope. did he have any awareness of what position he was supposed to be playing in? nope. did he ever listen to a team talk? probably not? This is why I love him, he was a throwback player to a time where men were men and footballers were paid in lumps of coal. He transcended the professional and amateur game. The way he played made me wish so much that he had an end product....each aimless solo run made me jumping for joy, hoping for him to absolutely smash it in or realise he had team mates that he could pass to...but alas he'd just get tackled or his shot would trickle limply into the arms of the keeper or miles over the bar. He played like a fan who'd won a competition to play with a professional team for a game and he was just going to go out there and have loads of fun.

Paddy McCourt- the ROMANTICS choice

So having no talent but potential is flair?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Vicente is TOO GOOD to be considered truly flair.

There was no flaw in the game, no bizarre deficiency in his personality, no demented social media presence, no alcoholism/sex addiction, no acrobatics, no career implosion. Just a superb player, and the best we've ever seen for the club.

Paddy was the flawed genius who is revered from Derry to Rochdale, from Barnsley to Celtic. Vicente is revered in VALENCIA. That's just too good.

Vicente's dribbles, whilst languid and utterly beautiful, were purposeful, effective and productive. Paddy's mazy runs were almost as beautiful, but were confused, inefficient and bizarre.

If you voted Vicente in this poll you simply don't know what flair means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here