Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Roll Call

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Yup, convinced the other half we should go and see her family in Manchester this weekend so I'll be coming over from Piccadilly at about half 12.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brother is there , he said it was chucking it down around a hour ago eased a bit now and turning back to sleety rain , settled on grass n pavements not on roads as yet , locals reckon it will stop by 3pm be icy overnight , so wear a big jumper you soft southern lager top drinking pansies , .... Yep he's definitely oopt north .

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Very heavy snow this morning. The ground might be ok, but surrounding areas and local train services might be affected.

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
I drove past the ground at lunchtime and the roads are pretty clear - south of Preston its still snowing a lot but roads are now reasonably clear (took me 3 hours to drive 2 miles in Bolton this morning). I will be driving the reverse route in a few hours so if anything changes i will let you all know but at the moment its just drizzling a little (about 5 miles west of Preston)

Taxipete1

Mar 4, 2016
Catchng the 11.23 from Manchester Victoria then to find a pub showing the Burnley Blackburn game.
The Assembly?
North End fan here with a bit of advice for those going for a pre match pint. The 'Assemby' pub is shut for a refurb but plenty of other choices and besides its not very good anyway. Across the road on 'friergate' is 'ye old black bull', a traditional boozer with real ale at good prices with plenty of telly's. Opposite this is the 'Greyfrier' which is a wetherspoons, cheap but no telly's. On the brow of friergate is 'Roper Hall' which is a student type place just been done up with plenty of Telly's and lager but not much ale. There's another three or four as well within a stones throw but the ones mentioned are the best in my opinion. Leave yourself 25 mins on foot to make kick off or get a cab at 'New city' taxis which is close by on moor lane. Also on moor lane is the 'queen vic' chippy which is fantastic. Small fish and chips is £2.50 and is plenty. Enjoy the game.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
North End fan here with a bit of advice for those going for a pre match pint. The 'Assemby' pub is shut for a refurb but plenty of other choices and besides its not very good anyway. Across the road on 'friergate' is 'ye old black bull', a traditional boozer with real ale at good prices with plenty of telly's. Opposite this is the 'Greyfrier' which is a wetherspoons, cheap but no telly's. On the brow of friergate is 'Roper Hall' which is a student type place just been done up with plenty of Telly's and lager but not much ale. There's another three or four as well within a stones throw but the ones mentioned are the best in my opinion. Leave yourself 25 mins on foot to make kick off or get a cab at 'New city' taxis which is close by on moor lane. Also on moor lane is the 'queen vic' chippy which is fantastic. Small fish and chips is £2.50 and is plenty. Enjoy the game.
Cheers fella. Thanks for that.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Thanks for the info, very helpful.ye old black bull sounds fine, would like to watch the lunchtime games.

Very impressed with what PNE have achieved this season. I wonder if Grayson would take the Leeds job if offered? Looking forward to tomorrow, I'd wouldn't be unhappy with a draw, although the way we've turned things around since Christmas (Cardiff excluded) I think we'll go for the win.

Taxipete1

Mar 4, 2016
Thanks for the info, very helpful.ye old black bull sounds fine, would like to watch the lunchtime games.

Very impressed with what PNE have achieved this season. I wonder if Grayson would take the Leeds job if offered? Looking forward to tomorrow, I'd wouldn't be unhappy with a draw, although the way we've turned things around since Christmas (Cardiff excluded) I think we'll go for the win.
Come out of the front of the station and turn right then walk down corporation street on your left (150yds). You can see the back of 'ye old black bull' from there. The wetherspoons (Greyfrier) opens for breakfast at nine for those arriving early and don't forget the chippy I mentioned, it's top notch.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'll be passing Preston just as folk are arriving. On my way back home from Glasgow. I have to get back to old Brighty for a friend's 50th. Most inconveniently arranged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here