Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not strong enough for the title?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We seem to be the outside bet with most bookies as we are not as strong contenders as Burnley, Hull or Middlesborough.

However on NSC we genrally believe we have a decent squad with a battle for even a spot on the bench meaning players such as Lualua miss out.

My question is: Who from the other 3 title contenders would you welcome into our existing squad and subsequently who would they replace in order to improve us

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gray from Burnley

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who would he replace in our squad

Baldock or Hemed, lets be fair.

I like both Baldock and Hemed, defended them both on here and think they are a good partnership, but Andre Gray, come on, he's getting straight in, I think he'd get in half the Premier League teams the form he is in!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The bookies odds largely reflect their liabilities. Face it, few outside of this region give us any chance and national bets reflect this. I think we have as good a chance as any of the other 3 given our injury returns and apparent form in front of goal.

We're still the unfashionable underdogs, but I'll stick with what we have and enjoy the ride.

coasterseagull.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not sure I'd change anyone at this stage, but assuming we are starting the season over again, then you'd have to take Gray.

I think we're as strong as anyone to go up. TBH, I think any of the teams at the top will all struggle massively if they go into the top flight.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The bookies odds largely reflect their liabilities. Face it, few outside of this region give us any chance and national bets reflect this. I think we have as good a chance as any of the other 3 given our injury returns and apparent form in front of goal.

We're still the unfashionable underdogs, but I'll stick with what we have and enjoy the ride.

View attachment 72785

Is that Robbie Savage?!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Great pic. I was listening to talkshit yesterday morning and they were saying that Brighton are still a good outside bet for title but that we were too lightweight when playing against the more physical teams.

I disagree. We have had teams in the past filled with midgets, pikeys dogs (all ribs and cock) and occasional ladies (butters) but not now. We've got some good old lumps like hemmed now. We don't get bossed easily anymore.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We seem to be the outside bet with most bookies as we are not as strong contenders as Burnley, Hull or Middlesborough.

However on NSC we genrally believe we have a decent squad with a battle for even a spot on the bench meaning players such as Lualua miss out.

My question is: Who from the other 3 title contenders would you welcome into our existing squad and subsequently who would they replace in order to improve us

Why are you assuming the current top four are title contenders?

Anyone in the play offs has a chance

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pretty much all the other top 5 have a better forward or forwards than we do, hence no one thinks we will be in the shake up come the end of season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Grant Leadbitter, bossed the game for Middlesboro when they blew us away

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who would he replace in our squad

And that's the big question........................ who do we want to replace? The whole team is playing so well together as a team at the moment - the blend and the balance seem just right - that I'm not sure I'd want to replace anyone, unless we were talking silly Championship Manager fantasy names, like Messi, Ibrahimovich or Lewandowski.

In the summer, yes - we'll have to replace two or three anyway, whose legs won't carry them through another season at this (or PL) level - and if we do go up, the squad will require some serious reinforcements. But just not now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here