Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands you had completely forgotten about

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm just listening to the While We're Young film soundtrack, mainly because it's curated and part written by James Murphy. And up pop The Psychadelic Furs with The Ghost in You. I have to admit I only really know their big songs but I'd completely forgotten about them.

Any bands you'd forgotten about? And what reminded you of their existence?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm just listening to the While We're Young film soundtrack, mainly because it's curated and part written by James Murphy. And up pop The Psychadelic Furs with The Ghost in You. I have to admit I only really know their big songs but I'd completely forgotten about them.

BBC4 at the weekends often throws up bands I've forgotten about.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw today that Caravan are playing at Ropetackle on 15 March, had completely forgotten about these Prog Rock pioneers.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Supergrass. Somewhat randomly, I woke up with Alright bouncing around my head, probably because of the wonderful sunshine that was making itself at home in this neck of the woods this morning. Very much a band I listen to in the summer only.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh, and I'd forgotten about Gomez...but one of the band has a child who is now in Mrs Mahone's class (she's a teacher, not a school kid!)

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Vines (not to be confused with The Hives). I loved their album Highly Evolved when in came out in 2002, but it had not crossed my mind for over a decade until I chanced upon it recently.

Good call - I saw them play in Brighton once, thought they were great but had completely forgotten about them!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

4 Non Blondes, which I went to their concert in Dusseldorf many years ago.
Reminded by searching the hidden depths of my ipod :O

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Kula Shaker.

They popped up in Worthing a few weeks back and The Grub spotted it and bought tickets. Bloody good night out.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Turin Brakes, Totally forgot about them and then browsing the new releases a week or so ago and they had released a new album. A couple of great albums a few years ago.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Mansun, Attack of the grey lanterns is a great album saw them down the brighton centre east wing.
Longpigs another band from the shine compilation era.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Turin Brakes, Totally forgot about them and then browsing the new releases a week or so ago and they had released a new album. A couple of great albums a few years ago.

I know Gale and Olly from Turin Brakes and have seen them play live a couple of times. They always tend to play that venue close to QPRs ground. Cant remember the name of it

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I know Gale and Olly from Turin Brakes and have seen them play live a couple of times. They always tend to play that venue close to QPRs ground. Cant remember the name of it

Yeah I saw them a couple of times a few years ago, were excellent live.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Aren't they playing in Brighton tonight?

EDIT: Yes. They have sold out the Concorde.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Creme Brulee! s2_les.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here